RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

Big-ED 11-21-2005 08:47 AM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

I agree with more pipe at wayne's.
I think we should also do some work at waynes track, like some little quad jumps ^ ^ ^ ^ and some whupps ^^^^^^^^^^^.
Just my opinion super daves idea before on a more motocross inspired layout would be fun.

ORIGINAL: slicks

As for $$$ I know that Scott wants to fill in the drainage ditch and has some ideas with Wayne as to how to do this with out costing us a lot of money. As for Wayne's track I personally would like to see more sections of pipe laid down -- but that costs some bucks too. So we need to weigh all our options and "choose wisely" nitro sniffers!!

slicks 11-21-2005 08:55 AM

ED -- I was going thru an old RC mag this a.m. (the stupid newspaper hadn't been delivered) and I saw in one of those "tips" sections where someone had double up their steering crank brace (is that what it is called?) to keep from bending/breaking it. Which I thought was a great idea. I know that on Amanda's electric losi buggy she was breaking so many front shock towers that I doubled it up and we never had that problem again. So you may want to give it a try.

trackman 11-21-2005 09:01 AM

yeah i agree. ill let chris decide who and what. im like joel, i know nothing about it.
chris you got the ball, now run with it !!

SManMTB 11-21-2005 09:05 AM

I am going to try to get a forum going on the site tonight. Stuff that eats bandwidth and space is forum and photo gallery.
We can move some of the discussions over there and see how much bandwidth we use and base the decision on that.

I have my eyes on [link=http://www.telnap.com/]Telnap.com[/link] at the moment. Nothing against Stevens friend but an established host with support is the way to go. I'll keep my eyes open for more deals. Suggestions are of course welcome but post a link to the company.

trackman 11-21-2005 09:16 AM

hey racenut, im planning on being here friday doing some testing. come on by and
bring something to drive.

RACENUT44 11-21-2005 11:25 AM

HEY TRACKMAN
SOUNDS GOOD , BUT GOING TO SEE WHAT THE WEATHERE GOING TO DO
LIKE TO BE COLD, MAY RIDE TO SEE
WE HAD A GOOD RACE DAY AT AMHURST
I WON THE FRIST HEAT RACE
FORTH FOR THE A MAIN, TRACK GOT RUFF ON MY,BUGGY WAS TO STIFF
POWHATAN GANG TOOK FRIST , SCOND AND I WAS FORTH
WE HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH THEM, THEY TREATED US GOOD
LATER DENNIS

I WIL SEND SOME PICTURES TONIGHT

trackman 11-21-2005 12:26 PM

wayne just stopped by, hes heading to town to order the shirts.
the design looks pretty cool, a big circle with CORR around it and
a buggy in lt. the track signs are in the bottom. hes gonna check price
about coloring the buggy.everyone should be happy with the design.
i think they will look great!

ps. no black dave:D

slicks 11-21-2005 12:45 PM

Sounds great! Hey good point - we will actually maybe see Dave in something other than black!

slicks 11-21-2005 12:46 PM

OH -- just in case anyone is wondering ------ the oficial weather forecast from General Joel Central is that THIS WEATHER SUCKS!

SManMTB 11-21-2005 12:57 PM

Captain Obvious is reporting the same forecast.

trackman 11-21-2005 01:12 PM

whats wrong with the weather? i think its a beutiful day.

for a duck.

slicks 11-21-2005 01:31 PM

QUACK - QUACK - QUACK!

WatcherKid 11-21-2005 02:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Big-ED

watcherkid,
thanks for the help but if christian is going to admin. the website then I think he should have the final say on who we go with.
Christian,
what is the company you are looking at?
I know what you're saying.. Just trying to give another option.. If ya'll don't want it, just say no.. I'll be alright. ;)

SManMTB 11-21-2005 02:46 PM

There's no need to decide anything now anyway. 6 months left.

WatcherKid 11-21-2005 03:27 PM

If you need some forums, I can make one..

SManMTB 11-21-2005 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: WatcherKid

If you need some forums, I can make one..
No need to code one from scratch. A push of a button and it should be installed (famous last words). Thank you anyway, didn't know you knew PHP and mySQL.

Big-ED 11-21-2005 03:56 PM

Anyone know of any machine shops that would make a custom steering rack for my truggy?

Super_Dave 11-21-2005 05:14 PM

ORIGINAL: slicks

Sounds great! Hey good point - we will actually maybe see Dave in something other than black!
I wear brown and blue sometimes :).

I love the site. I just don't know if were going to have enough bandwith when we get the forum up and more galleries but only time will tell.

Edit: Racenut it sounds like you guys are going to be some good competition :D. You do need a bit of a softer suspension setup for the tracks around here I'm running 45f-40r. The hyper buggies have smaller piston holes than my kyosho so its about 5 weight lighter if you have a hyper 7.

Big Stampy 11-21-2005 05:19 PM

Brown and blue/????? No one wants to know about your underwear.

SManMTB 11-21-2005 05:20 PM

The gallery sucks up a lot of bandwidth. I only put it there as a test. Each member gets 10Mb of space so use it wisely and make the pics small. fourwheels0 is already pushing the limits with 1Mb pictures. Please make them small and it's going to be fine. ;)

The bandwidth we have now is 3Gb/month and it should be plenty.

Since the total web space we got now is (only) 150Mb I might reorganize the gallery so that there is only one username and password for everyone (in CORR) and set aside a limited space for the gallery. If everyone signs up and gets 10Mb then, well you do the math.....

RACENUT44 11-21-2005 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
HI GUYS
WE HAD A GREAT TIME AT AMHUSRT, THE TRACK IS LITTLE TIGHTER THEN WE ARE USED TOO
BUT WE MUST BE FAST LEARNERS, WE TOOK 1ST, 2ND, AND 4TH IN A MAIN
FRANK AND I WON THE HEAT RACES AND STEVE JENKINS WON A MAIN, HE WAS IN HIS FRIST NITRO BUGGY RACE
OLDER MUGEN-4, HYPER 21 ENG. THEY ARE SOME NICE GUYS, READY TO GO BACK
HERE ARE SOME PICTURES
WILL TALK TO YALL LATER
DENNIS

fourwheels0 11-21-2005 09:55 PM

cris sorry about the picture size i am real new at this. i'll spend a little time tinkering with this computer tech stuff and i'll get it figured out. I HOPE;)

SManMTB 11-21-2005 10:17 PM

ORIGINAL: fourwheels0

cris sorry about the picture size i am real new at this. i'll spend a little time tinkering with this computer tech stuff and i'll get it figured out. I HOPE;)

Hahahaha, no worries. I will take care of it if there will be a problem with space. I can resize them for you if you want.
Besides that..... our forum is up and running!

Check out the new [link=http://corr.atothosting.com/BulletinBoard/index.php]CORR forum.[/link]
:D:D

dockman2 11-21-2005 10:38 PM

The new forum looks great. Everyone needs to go over and register.

Super_Dave 11-22-2005 02:39 AM

You can resize photos at photobucket.com