RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Southern California Tracks? (mainly Mission Viejo area) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/6979007-southern-california-tracks-mainly-mission-viejo-area.html)

MAXXCHEVY 01-27-2008 03:44 PM

Southern California Tracks? (mainly Mission Viejo area)

I live in So Cal, in the orange county area and I built my own track ill post pics soon. But i was wondering if there is anyone in my area that has any other good spots to run? or knows of any tracks in my area it would be nice to have somewhere to run my Maxx.

calvino 02-01-2008 02:30 AM

RE: Southern California Tracks? (mainly Mission Viejo area)

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/locatorview.cfm?infotype=venue&infotypeid=1625]here is one[/link]

kurtz 02-28-2008 03:15 AM

The one Calvino linked to was in Orange County Florida. The closest track I know of is in [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/locatorview.cfm?infotype=venue&infotypeid=153]San Clemente[/link]. I have never been, but I understand it may be open to the public all the time, but not sure. Don't know if there are ever any organized races either.

homey55 04-19-2008 11:04 AM

What's up guy's! I just got a Truggy and am looking for places around MV as well. I'm going to check out the san clemente track...I'll report back on that. I'm willing to help build tracks as well...I've built a lot of bike trails (jumps) so I know the drill.

homey55 04-22-2008 02:55 PM

No track in San Clemente :(

shaunvb 04-25-2008 05:53 PM

hey i looking for a track in san clemente or around the area anyone know of a place ??

Descommracer 04-26-2008 12:51 AM

Try Palomar, there was a track there, I have only heard about it....no info

eXunforgiven 06-10-2008 01:06 PM

So any word on tracks or bashing spots in so cal. Im in the Covina area.

hchou 06-27-2008 10:57 AM

ORIGINAL: MAXXCHEVY

I live in So Cal, in the orange county area and I built my own track ill post pics soon. But i was wondering if there is anyone in my area that has any other good spots to run? or knows of any tracks in my area it would be nice to have somewhere to run my Maxx.
Any pics or your home built track? I'm just up the street from you in Rancho Sta Margarita. Just got a XTM XLB and trying to find some room to bash. There's a baseball field in my neighborhood but I know that will get boring quick. More of a spot to break in and tune the engine. I live right up against the mountain the separates Rancho from Coto / Dove Canyon and know there are some trails there but not sure how accessible it will be for RC cars. I usually run along the trails or take my dogs for a walk there. Might have some potential. Never looked at the trails through the perspective of an RC car. I'll take a look over the weekend and let you know.

jdwebmaster 07-07-2008 04:01 AM

Well i can tell you guys you wont find much out in southern california... :( I have looked far and wide and ive only found a couple of things. There is a small track that i found in a gated community that looks like it was something at one time but now its just washing away. I go there sometime to test new cars.

I also go to this area on Lake Forest and regency. There is a nice horseshoe up a side of a hill that leads to a big jump. lets just say ive spent money running there. Other then that i have found nothing else. i think we need to get a club going in the area just to go out bashing. I know there is enough guys out there, we just need to get organized.

Well drop me a line here and ill respond to the location of these areas i go to. I would love to get a group out there is possible. My REVO is getting lonely :)

hchou 07-08-2008 11:47 PM

I'm up for building a bashing area. Bring out some shovels and beers on a saturday or sunday...sounds good to me.

HIGHBANKSRC 07-10-2008 10:44 PM

In Covina there is a cool FREE offroad track.
Edgewood RC Track
Edgewood Middle School
1625 West Durness St.
West Covina, CA 91790

pegasushobbies.com
revrace.com
Both in montclair - 1/10 and 1/8 offroad.

crystalparkrcraceway.com in Compton
onroad & offroad track

BendingCorners Carpet & Asphalt Raceways
2190 N. Canal Ave
Orange, CA 92865
http://bcraceways.smugmug.com/

http://socal.rcracing.com/
parking lot racing

Tamiya America, Inc.
2 Orion
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
949-362-2240

The new place in Huntington Beach - OCRC
www.ocrcraceway.com

OK that should get you started.

RCcars4me 07-29-2008 11:58 PM

My favorite place to bash is at a secret place know as the "bike jumps". Its located at the near the end of Aliso Creek in Mission Viejo. It was made by some highschoolers for riding bikes but it serves just as well as a bash center. There is another as mentioned by..."jdwebmaster"... it is in a gated community called Quail Run. It's more of a smaller track (perfect for 1/10th scale and smaller) but is great just to practice.

Hint Hint:D... to get into the gated community wait for a car to ahead of you!

ooja3k 07-31-2008 12:05 AM

do you have directions to these??

also, are you talking about the end of aliso creek road?? im pretty sure that doesn't go into mission viejo...

RCcars4me 07-31-2008 12:31 PM

Yea I can give you directions....where are you coming from???

I meant the creek itself... at the end of the creek there is some jumps (I have recently heard that they have been taken down I dunno try it out)

ooja3k 08-01-2008 12:04 AM

im coming from the corner of oso and moulton...

can you give directions to both places?? i know where quail run is, but the track is somewhere in there???

RCcars4me 08-03-2008 08:22 PM

To get to the track in Quail Run:
1) Go through the front entrance
2) Go straight up the hill and make a right
3) Then make a left, then right, then left
4)The street is on your left hand side (go down a few streets)
5) Park then walk toward the basketball court and the track is right behind the bushes (you should see it):D

RCcars4me 08-03-2008 08:42 PM

whOOPS FORGOT THE other place... Anyways...
Starting from the Ralph's at the intersection of La Paz and Jeronimo go toward that bingo place (Elk's lodge, i think??) and continue until you get to the intersection when the donut shop, church, and Allstate Insurance is located and make a right. Go up the hill, pass one street then you should see trees, a small creek, and a trail on your left hand side. And on your right your should see tall grass/wheat plants (thats your place!!) Youll need to park, go down the ramp (on your right) and go through the tunnel and turn right and there it is :D

hchou 08-04-2008 10:34 PM

ORIGINAL: RCcars4me

whOOPS FORGOT THE other place... Anyways...
Starting from the Ralph's at the intersection of La Paz and Jeronimo go toward that bingo place (Elk's lodge, i think??) and continue until you get to the intersection when the donut shop, church, and Allstate Insurance is located and make a right. Go up the hill, pass one street then you should see trees, a small creek, and a trail on your left hand side. And on your right your should see tall grass/wheat plants (thats your place!!) Youll need to park, go down the ramp (on your right) and go through the tunnel and turn right and there it is :D
Thanks for giving directions to this spot. I checked it out today after work and didn't see any real jumps. Looks like some kids tried to build some jumps but nothing pretty. Otherwise, it's actually a pretty good spot to do some bashing and has some good potential. It's nice that it's right by the creek but I didn't see any trails to the water. I didn't scope out the sight too long so maybe I missed a trail down to the creek??? But if there's access to water, it might be worth making a couple of jumps. I met another guy a couple of weekends ago who said there is an open area with some jumps off the 241 at the Alton exit. I thought he told me to go the opposite direction form Walmart. There is a huge empty lot of land but I didn't see any jumps and it's all fenced off. Anyone know of this spot or did it get totalled?

RCcars4me 08-05-2008 10:56 AM

Sorry... I guess they took it down...I went down there about a month ago and there was huge jumps (the same day I got my Rustler VXL and demolished it there, breaking almost every parts on the car [&o])

A friend of mine (he lives in Quail Run) says that every so often the track there has some races (nothing huge, kinda like an Open Class race except electrics race with other electrics and nitros..... 1/18th, 1/24th, 1/10th, and some times 1/8..... Most of the time the 1/24th and 1/18 scales don't even finish:D but if you got something like E-Maxx/T-Maxx or something fast you'll win)

hchou 08-07-2008 10:48 AM

Anyone know of a bashing area at the 241 toll road and Alton? Someone mentioned there is a spot with some dirt jumps on the other side of the 241 from Walmart. I checked it out about a week ago and didn't see anything. There's a huge area of vacant land but it's all fenced off. I didn't venture onto the property because I stopped by after work and didn't feel like snooping around in my work clothes.

ooja3k 08-12-2008 05:09 PM

the place in quail run is pretty fun.

track needs a little tlc, especially the first big jump, but other than that its pretty fun.

im going to head over there this afternoon to play around with my new radio if anyone wants to join.

psk6565 08-16-2008 07:54 PM

hey guys,
I am pretty new to rc cars, I just got mine 2 days ago and i love it. I live in MV and want to meet people that are interested too. If you guys are going to go to these areas I am definitely up for it. How old are you guys?

hchou 08-20-2008 05:42 PM

I'm 31. And it seems like the best spot (so far) is the elementary school down the street from my house. It's not too exciting since it's the playground field with a dirt baseball diamond and a dirt hill with some shrubs and trees, but it's the only place I can really run my nitro wide open. I have an XLB so it needs some room to get up to speed. I took it to the spot off Jeronimo and it's not the best spot for my XLB. It's a fun spot to bash if you have something smaller, but not ideal for my XLB. I'll eventually check out the spot at the 241 and Alton. I imagine you can drive behind the fence but if you flip over, you'll be hopping the fence. I guess you could just hop the fence and bash but I'm sure you run the risk of getting kicked off. I'll post an update if I decide to check out that spot.

RCcars4me 08-25-2008 11:07 PM

Im going to be a freshman (13-15) I cant tell you my real age. Anyways I up for somthing too... but For all you guys that are looking for tracks my friend and I are making an rc track near his house (its still under construction). Ill tell you guys when its done but it won't be for a while[&o] But if you know any hints or tips please please please! post them we need all the help we can get.