Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Need Help! Kyosho Spada 09 Steering Servo

Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Need Help! Kyosho Spada 09 Steering Servo

Old 03-16-2011, 10:14 PM
kyoshofan88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Help! Kyosho Spada 09 Steering Servo

Hi All,
I am hoping someone out there has had a similar experience (bigtime longshot), or can at least make a recommendation. Here's the story:
I am about 70% through the assembly of a Kyosho Spada 09, and am up to the installation of the steering servo. I chose to use a high-speed micro-servo to save some weight and increase performance. The instruction manual recommends several options, one of which is the Futaba 9650. The kit even provides special spacers for use with smaller servos. Anyway, the servo came with these tabs melded onto the body, which unfortunately prevent the spacers that came with the kit from fitting where they need to go. This really has me stuck, and I’m anxious to complete the build. I know it is pretty unlikely that there are too many folks on this board that have recently built one of these…and are trying to use a micro servo…but I am desperate!

[link=http://adamfialkov.com/posted_items/servo/spada_servo_instructions.pdf]Step in Instruction Manual [/link]

Thanks for any advice!

kyoshofan88
Old 03-21-2011, 07:16 PM
rubber_junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Help! Kyosho Spada 09 Steering Servo

what need to do is trim off molded tabs(in pic) with a dremal, from which mounting blocks be secured by 2 screws to servo then be able to mount to chassis
Old 03-21-2011, 09:27 PM
kyoshofan88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need Help! Kyosho Spada 09 Steering Servo

Yeah, I broke down and ordered a Dremel from Amazon. I was hoping not to have to cut anything, but it looks like there is another area where I will have to do some trimming....the throttle servo assembly calls for an oddly sized servo horn, which of course is not included with the car or the servo...so I will have to modify one from the toolbox. To mount the servo, I may opt to trim the spacers as opposed to the tabs that came on the servo, since I'm a rookie with the dremel and I'd rather wreck a plastic spacer than the new servo! Thanks.