Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

hpi rs4 rtr evo + with acura nsx body problems

Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

hpi rs4 rtr evo + with acura nsx body problems

Old 03-30-2011, 10:42 AM
Nastrathomas144

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hpi rs4 rtr evo + with acura nsx body problems

Hello i would appricate it if someone could give me some good advice about my HPIRS4 RTREVO+ with acura nsx body. well i have had the car for a little while now.I was driving the car at full throtle down a street and i crashed it into a bush while brakeing. Result of the crash i have broke both front and rear dogbones. I have replaced both dogbones and the car seems to be running good. Well when i put the car on the surface i am having trouble when i press it at full throttle it doesent seem to excelerate. The car runs fine at half trottle there is no trouble. however when i go full throtle it seems to stall a little and does not shut down completly but wont excelerate at full speed..However when the car is not on the surface it has no trouble reving at full throttle. I wonder what could be wrong here could it be an engine problem or can it be something else. The engine seems to be running fine maybe one of my gears is broken. i would like an exsperianced and wise nitro enthusist to give me good advice i am still new to the RC car hobby and this is not a common problem maybe this has happened to you or someone you know or maybe you have the same car and have had the same problem. can you help me fix this problem so i can starts hitting full throttle again.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:48 AM
doug702
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: hpi rs4 rtr evo + with acura nsx body problems

how does the motor sit in the carif it sits sideways it may have moved closer to the gears you may need to retune the engine also check and make sure the drive line spins freely make sure the breakes are not binding throughout throttle range
Old 03-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Nastrathomas144

Yes i did retune the engine i think the engine is set right with the gears in the right place and i have to check it again see if it runs ok if not then i have to just test it again and see if is running fine i also bent my header when i flipped it a few times but this problem occured before that..as far as the breaks binding through throttle range i am not to sure what that means lol but i think it is ok since i dont have trouble when the car is off the ground hitting full throttle..
Old 03-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Nastrathomas144

well i sent my car to the local hobby shop to get it fixed i think i discovered the problem that the clucth was bad and also my gear was broken...i also got a new header that was broken that was included in an uprade with a new exuast....thank you for you opinon and information the car should run properly after the new changes....