Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Is it safe to run an an rs4 3 evo + multiple times in a row?

Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Is it safe to run an an rs4 3 evo + multiple times in a row?

Old 12-18-2011, 03:55 PM
maq1919
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it safe to run an an rs4 3 evo + multiple times in a row?

How many times can I run an rs4 3 evo + with the stock engine before it gets too hot? I don't run my cars very hard. I run at the base needle settings.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:36 PM
tomst-maxx
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Is it safe to run an an rs4 3 evo + multiple times in a row?

as long as you keep a good eye on the temp you can run it all day long. I would give it a short rest every 5 tanks or so but thats about it.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:21 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as long as you stay between 220-280 degrees you will be fine to run it as long as you have fuel!
Old 12-19-2011, 02:07 PM
rchabits

ORIGINAL: yakfish

as long as you stay between 220-280 degrees you will be fine to run it as long as you have fuel!
Dont listen to this guy^^^^ even in cold weather the engine wont like running for more than 5 tanks in a row even properly tuned and you might even damage the pullstarter trying to turn it on after that many tanks in a row.A .21 on the other hand can go alot longer.There is no replacement for displacement and dont you forget it.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:55 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

ORIGINAL: rchabits

Dont listen to this guy^^^^ even in cold weather the engine wont like running for more than 5 tanks in a row even properly tuned and you might even damage the pullstarter trying to turn it on after that many tanks in a row.A .21 on the other hand can go alot longer.There is no replacement for displacement and dont you forget it.

LOL

don't run too many tanks of fuel thru your engine you will mess up the pullstarter!!!LOL
Old 12-19-2011, 06:21 PM
steed2-inactive

this is the problem with forums, people can give advise like this. If the engine is properly tuned, and not abused, you can run it as long as you want. keep in mind a properly tuned engine none of the parts inside are touching one another. its when engine overheat or run lean that the protective oil film between the moving parts becomes compromised and rotating/stroking parts contact one another and result in damage. keep a good smooth powerband with decent smoke under accelleration, 220-280 degree's and have fun. cheers
Old 12-24-2011, 10:59 PM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

Habits is brusque, in addition to being wrong.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:49 AM
cobra26

Nitros, properly running and tuned and not running too lean, can be run consistently throughout a running session - no matter how long. If heat is not a severe problem there is no reason that you cannot run continuously as long as you want. I have run a gallon per day through some of my buggies and truggies with no problems whatsoever.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:50 PM
My Feedback: (4)

If it's tuned properly you can run that engine, quite literally, until the receiver batteries give out. The engine doesn't care if it runs in short spurts or one long session.

Also, the base settings are killing your engine. Lean it out man. You'll get way more power and it will last longer. If you need help doing that we'll be glad to help you tune it.

What?! I run mine for an hour straight. I refill the tank as it drains, no shutdowns whatsoever, and run 500CC through the engine in a go. It doesn't care. It's running as good now, three gallons through, as it did the day I broke it in. Also you won't damage the pull starter by trying to restart a hot engine unless you vaporlock it, flood it, or blow it up, and then keep yanking anyway even after it's ripped the car off the ground a few times. Don't be stupid with the pull starter and they last the life of the engine.