Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

4-TEC C/B gears are they left hand threads?

Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

4-TEC C/B gears are they left hand threads?

Old 02-15-2012, 05:19 AM
nitroholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4-TEC C/B gears are they left hand threads?

Any secrets to getting them off easier? See i have the 2.5 and the difference between the 3.3 and 2.5 is the 2.5 has a 20T 2nd and a 16T 1st gear.By changing to the 3.3 set up 15/19 C/B gears it'll have just as much top end speed as the 3.3,the advantage is it doesn't have the power as the 3.3 there for will have a little better traction for take off.The 1st and 2nd spurs are the same as the 3.3.See that i figured it out!The guys at Traxxas said they're exaclty the same gear ratio's.Impossible "i knew" or they would both advertise 70+ even though it's been proven the stock 3.3 tops out at 65 mph even.So the 2.5 with the less teeth c/b gears reads 65+ (i think).Which i beleive it's probably 48+ in reality.Now changing the c/b gears it will in fact do 65 just the same as the 3.3.The 3.3 and the 2.5 spin the same rpms just the 2.5 lacks in hp of course.Thanks
Old 02-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 4-TEC C/B gears are they left hand threads?

Heat the gears up with a heat gun or small torch. That'll soften up the loctite so you can get them off...
Old 02-15-2012, 04:38 PM
nitroholic

Default RE: 4-TEC C/B gears are they left hand threads?

Yeah i got them,they're regular threads also.Thanks.