Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

got the rs4 blues

Old 02-20-2012, 08:04 PM
rs4_pare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got the rs4 blues

So I got an old school rs4 2 (belt drive) with an OS max .15cv. Im experiencing really high idle a few seconds after start up & i find my clutch is lagging only engaging at higher rpms with less than amazing speed/power. I have a MIP upgraded clutch as well. Was grabbing fine the other day, but suddenly took a dump.

I put all the carb settings back to stock with no avail. HELP SOLVE MY RS4 BLUES!!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:59 PM
FLoJo
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: got the rs4 blues

wish I could help having my own issues with one I just picked up recently . Goodluck
Old 02-21-2012, 04:25 AM
FastRS4s
My Feedback: (2)

Sounds like your clutch isn't very good...could you link me to this MIP clutch you have?....i've had issues with the 3 claw ones sucking it up....
Also, make sure your motor isn't spitting oil/gas near the bell housing...and degrease the inside of your bell housing too.

As for your motor reving high after start up, this is usually normal....does it come down to idle after a few seconds? And are you starting this motor is cold weather?
Old 02-21-2012, 01:33 PM
rs4_pare

i solved my clutch problem... stupid bolt on the bell housing came a little loose so i had a bit more play than usual.. swapped out with a fresh lock nut, but still have my high idle issues.. seems like im spitting fuel from somewhere noticed my chassis is a drenched after i run it 4 a min & my tank is draining twice as fast.. im going to pull the motor out & start it so I can check all my seals.

its not too cold like mid to low 60s. no fuel coming from the bell housing & no my idle doesnt drop significantly after a few seconds. im experiencing some overheating after a min so fuel isnt coming in somewhere.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:46 PM
rs4_pare

oh when i mean high idle i mean like half throttle idle. So its like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh catch my drift?!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:46 PM
rs4_pare

alright so i got my idle down, but now i have erratic idle & hard start-ups. I put a fresh glow plug in, but cant seem to get a consistent smooth idle out of it....
Old 02-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Barber420

If everything is sealed up and tuned, that reminds me of the sounds of an engine that's on it's way out... Erratic idle, hard to tune, cuts out after it warms up...
Old 02-21-2012, 04:21 PM
rs4_pare

hmm. i think it all carb issues. is there any info on how to rebuild or clean up a carb?

it doesnt flame out after warm up. it will hold an idle its just rough. when i tune it overheats so i richen the hsn. i suspects it overheats just because of the high idle revs.

when im off the throttle it idles fine. when i get on it just a bit my idle jumps like the carb is sticking. Idle stays high when i get back off the gas & i can get it back to normal if i mess with the throttle trim.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:11 PM
rs4_pare

think i found my issue. pulled my carb off to find a torn o-ring. just replaced it & cleaned up the carb. Going to start it up tomorrow.. 2 late to be running nitros in my hood..
Old 02-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Barber420

If it's all sealed up tight now, you should be good to go.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:14 PM
rs4_pare

o-ring was the problem. my os is running like a race horse on roids once agian aww yeah.