Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Which one (Yokomo GT-4 or RS4 3 SS)

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Which one (Yokomo GT-4 or RS4 3 SS)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 01:40 PM
jeemann99
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one (Yokomo GT-4 or RS4 3 SS)

I am torn betwwen these 2 cars which one does anybody have experience with on road track racing with either of these.

Which one the Yokomo GT-4 or the RS4 3 SS

Thanks in advance
Old 08-29-2003, 04:25 PM
dg2b

If you are torn between these two cars, go with the car that your LHS can support. If both of these cars have good part support from your LHS, I would go with the Yok for racing.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:17 AM
Lil Evil 260

go with the type ss.
i've seen both those cars bought by two friends an raced (after break in) and the ss kicked the yoko's butt badly. plus if u do break a part, hpi is more compatible w/ other co. and i've never seen a part 4 any yokomo car
Old 09-01-2003, 02:36 PM
RS4 BuDDy

well its sorta hard to dicide... becuz i had the same problem, it was between the GT-4 and the RS4... in the end i ended up pickin the rs4, i think the GT-4 goes alot faster than the rs4 but the rs4 is easiyer to replace parts...... so i think you should go with the RS4 3 SS
Old 09-01-2003, 02:43 PM
gmac4826

and the ss bein the more popular car will mean that ppl will be able to help you more than they would be and there a probably more hop ups for the ss
Old 09-01-2003, 09:35 PM
nitro4life

nope id say get the yok gt-4 rtr 2! i have seen the ss and the rtrt2 go at it and i have to say that the rtr2 is by far the best! bigger engine than the rtr yok and race tuned pipe, and u can bump start it or pull start the car! very good!
Old 09-02-2003, 02:10 AM
Aggdaddy

Hey guys,

I have a RS4 SS and I even vote for the GT4. A friend of mine has one and I think the potential is much greater for winning club races than the RS4 SS. Don't get me wrong, I really like my SS, but as a competitive racer it is not. A couple of reasons is that You have to make many upgrades to make the RS4 SS a worthwhile competitor, whereas the GT4 is a little more balanced and has more tuning options, as in camber and toe in options. The list of exhaust pipes and manifolds are limited to right side only configurations for the SS. Plus the GT4 engine is much faster.

So as a racer get the Yokomo, if you are just looking to get in and do some parking lot bashing, I would say get what ever your local hobby shop has the most replacement parts for. WHich is most likely the HPI.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	106667_40300.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	59201  
Old 10-31-2003, 12:53 PM
bane

Default RE: Which one (Yokomo GT-4 or RS4 3 SS)

ORIGINAL: Lil Evil 260

go with the type ss.
i've seen both those cars bought by two friends an raced (after break in) and the ss kicked the yoko's butt badly. plus if u do break a part, hpi is more compatible w/ other co. and i've never seen a part 4 any yokomo car

I've never seen a stock RS4 beat a GT-4. I have a few friends that all have RS4's and I win against them constantly. And I have done nothing to my GT-4 except a diff. air filter.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:55 PM
bane

Default RE: Which one (Yokomo GT-4 or RS4 3 SS)

ORIGINAL: Lil Evil 260

I've never seen a stock RS4 beat a GT-4. I have a few friends that all have RS4's and I win against them constantly. And I have done nothing to my GT-4 except a diff. air filter.

As for the parts, that depends on your LHS. Mine carries tons of parts for the GT-4 including aluminum hop-ups.