Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Possible Big Block canidate??

Old 01-26-2013, 07:38 PM
nitrohead5300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Big Block canidate??

Tower Hobbies has a new 1/10 scale onroad rtr . It is called the Tomahawk and comes with a .18 size motor but most importantly it has steel gears in the diff. If you can squeeze a .21 in there it may make a good big block conversion. You would have to get the optional hexes so you could use foam tires might be worth checking out for you high speed parking lot bashers!! http://www2.gpmd.com/imagel/t/lttrd1882.jpg It is made by Thundertiger.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:54 PM
nitrohead5300

Default RE: Possible Big Block canidate??

Some more information... http://www.ttamerica.com/cars/6194-f.html
Old 01-27-2013, 07:38 AM
firestone

i got the tomahawk for xmas im going to break it in the next dry day the rain never stops here [:@]. some pics with hpi nsx mobil 1 body
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39547.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1844832   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63740.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	1844833   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bv59434.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1844834  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:07 AM
nitrohead5300

Looks nice!! Good luck with it tell us how it performs!!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:27 AM
arless

After watching you tube, cars running big blocks I am hooked... I could never get bored with a beast like this, a car that will keep you on your toes all day long. Run maybe 65 or 70 mph? not sure. I converted a 10Th scale redcat tornado buggy to a dynamite mach .26 BB engine. I have not run it yet... Waiting on a 6mm starter wand ordered off eBay, My next project will be a 10Th scale car with a big block conversion. I did not mean to hi jack your post I get carried a way please forgive me.

All the best
Old 01-29-2013, 07:21 AM
arless

I have a new sh.18 engine for sale, header and muffler, the engine has a rotor starter and everything but a clutch bell. I also have new servos and numerous parts for 8Th scale and 10Th scale some used some never used. Two receivers one new one used. to many parts to list
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 AM
nitrohead5300

arless its all about havng fun I believe you will enjoy running your first big block project good luck.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:07 AM
arless

Yea, it is all about having fun, I cannot believe my 6mm starter wand hadn't arrived yet? I'm still learning, and have a lot to learn, I started way back 48 years ago "I'm 58 yrs young" with cox .049 cars and planes, remember those? Anyway that's how I got started, love the car, It was a Chevy chaparral. had a thin little durable string, and asphalt nails, you could run in a straight line and use the little fuel tank and take a shim out of the engine. It had a little ball in the string that would activate the parachute and close the exhaust, Or you could switch the fuel tank and add the head shim,for circle.One needle tuning, you had to tune the engine slightly rich, when you dropped it on the asphalt it would peak out all the way up the rpm scale. The rpms were crazy high with such a small engine. Also had a even smaller cox pee wee 0.20 engine. Anyway that was all we had from cox. Testers tried, but the engines would break a rod almost on fire up, what a waste of money, $10.00 to $12.00 bucks for everythingpint cox fuel,21/2 volt battery, and a cheesy glow plug holder. So far I have three nitro vehicles a modded buggy and also a Exceed Forza with a tuned header and muffler. I also have a taunt line operated Sig airplane with a .135 engine and 8 inch prop. 4000 rpm max. Enough on myself "get carried away" What are your favorite scale and nitro set you prefer?
All the best Arless
Old 02-01-2013, 01:31 PM
nitrohead5300

Arless I started out in 1/8 scale onroad back in the 70's. Then I got out of that because it became too expensive to compete.[] Decided to run 1/10 scale it was fun until the price to compete got outta hand!! Nooooooooo way was I going to pay $450.00 dollars for a .12 size race engine and $30.00 dollars a gallon for race fuel. Plus my reflexes were slowing down and my eyesight was failing so I got outta 1/10 scale.[] I am retired and my wife got tire of me mopping around the house so she got me a 1/5 scale MCD and later a FG . We race each other and have a blast !! Loser gets to clean up the house for a week!!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:31 PM
arless

nitroheads300 I know what you mean when you talk about race equipment and how much it cost, it cost a lot of money to bash around the school parking lot and in front of the house. I'm 58 years old and disabled, so I'm on a fixed income, so... everything I get has to come slow once a month. I have about? at least $400.00 plus dollars tied up in my 10th scale big block, and $250.00 tied up in a small block buggy which has a few mods also. The new tranny in the Tornado BB buggy got hard to turn over?? I tore it down, nothing that I can see is wrong with it. So I oiled it up and stuck it in my other chassis, and dropped my old transmission in the Big block buggy. Runs great! cannot get it to shift to second gear though? I'll keep trying to adjust the spring tension and see what happens. I did order another transmission, only $12.00 + shipping. The main gears are hard plastic, while the rest are steel... holds up well to the big horsepower though. I mean as far as all the gears and bearings go. The new tranny may have got hot and that's why it got stiff to turn, who knows?Clickmy gallery, I have a few pics of my lastest buggy. Tell me what you think!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:38 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arless - will that Sh .18 fit in an Exceed Forza? If so, I might take it off your hands. I already have a spare engine for it (SMT .15), and I have to completely re-design the car to get it on..... The CXP .18 I have on it has maybe six tanks through it....but you can't buy parts for that engine (unless you call china like I had to once).

I probably would not pay more than $30.00 for it (plus shipping), but I'm a buyer nonetheless.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:40 PM
nitrohead5300

ORIGINAL: arless

nitroheads300 I know what you mean when you talk about race equipment and how much it cost, it cost a lot of money to bash around the school parking lot and in front of the house. I'm 58 years old and disabled, so I'm on a fixed income, so... everything I get has to come slow once a month. I have about? at least $400.00 plus dollars tied up in my 10th scale big block, and $250.00 tied up in a small block buggy which has a few mods also. The new tranny in the Tornado BB buggy got hard to turn over?? I tore it down, nothing that I can see is wrong with it. So I oiled it up and stuck it in my other chassis, and dropped my old transmission in the Big block buggy. Runs great! cannot get it to shift to second gear though? I'll keep trying to adjust the spring tension and see what happens. I did order another transmission, only $12.00 + shipping. The main gears are hard plastic, while the rest are steel... holds up well to the big horsepower though. I mean as far as all the gears and bearings go. The new tranny may have got hot and that's why it got stiff to turn, who knows? Click my gallery, I have a few pics of my lastest buggy. Tell me what you think!
Your Buggy is looking good!!