Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Help me identify this HPI please :)

Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Help me identify this HPI please :)

Old 06-14-2013, 09:18 PM
bhruifafn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me identify this HPI please :)

Hey guys after scouring the threads on here, I can see that these types of threads are a dime a dozen, but what the heck, I need help. I traded a charcoal smoker for this beauty last night. It does run, however when I got it home I broke the pull starter cord, as it is my first nitro car and I treated it like a lawn mower. After repairing the pull start and it failing again, IO decided the heck with it. I will go for a roto start? However I have no idea what model of HPI this is, let alone what engine size or anything about it. Any help identifying this model would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, oh and it's great to be here.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42111.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	1891745   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30428.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	1891746  
Old 06-14-2013, 09:31 PM
princewill

Default RE: Help me identify this HPI please :)

can u pls email us directly on my email , but we are most based in producing fake  QUALITY REAL AND FAKE PASSPORT,DRIVER LICENSE,MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES,REGISTERED ID CARDS,VISAS ETC.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:35 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's an HPI RS4 3 evo+, and I strongly advise you get a reasonable .12ci engine (yes, these are generally faster than the larger .18ci 'outlaw' engines, but less torquey, call it a peculiarity of the hobby, due to the fact that race rules stipulate .12 only, so they are the most evolved size) with a sealed backplate and a cheap starter box. The main problem with pullstarts apart from their inherent weakness, is that they rely on one way bearings, which get full of fuel and slip, not to mention compromise the seal on the back of the engine. These problems are also common to rotostarts. By far the best way to start a model nitro engine is using a starter box. The initial investment puts many people off, but especially if you get a universal type one, it can also be used for any other nitro model you buy down the line, so should be considered a long term investment.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:26 AM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Not sure what your charcoal smoker was worth but that car is in very good condition so it looks like it was a good trade. Im almost tempted to say that its in new condition. No excess wear on the tires, cant see any damage on the body and the tank is still white. They usually turn yellowish after a while. That being the case, the motor might be still in very good condition so I'd probably keep it for now and get used to it. A roto start sounds like a good idea but as Foxy mentioned, you might be better off with a starter box. The HPI rotostart usually cost between 45 and 60 bucks, then there's the battery you'd need to use it and the charger for the battery. For a little more, you can get a nice starterbox and be done with it and use it on any future cars and/or engines you might get.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:15 AM
bhruifafn

Thank you both for your replies!! The only problem I'm having with the identification is that the HPI Nitro RTR RS4 Evo+ came with the HPI Roto Start already installed, is this just an older version of it? Also after you both put me on the correct path, I believe it to be a HPI Nitro RTR RS4 Evo+ Touring Car because of the 1967 body, and the wheels that it has on it. This may be just symantics, but does the touring insignia signify anything drastically different than the regular HPI Nitro RS4 Evo+? Yes it is in incredible condition, I'm not even sure it is broken in yet. The original owner bought it to mimic his 1967 Camaro something something v8 show car that he would take to shows. After he sold his life size, real car, he decided he had no use for the model. Luckily for me his wife wanted him to have a smoker more than this car. The smoker was only worth about $150 , and I have no idea what this car is worth. There are so many starter boxes out there, are their any that you both would recommend? Again thank you for your time and effort in helping me identify this car.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Foxy

I recommend the OFNA universal starter box. It's economical, powerful and easy to configure to just about any flywheel orientation or position. You will need two cheap 7.2v nimh batteries and a cheap charger for those (you would have needed one battery and a charger anyway for the rotostart, so this is hardly additional expense), to power the starter box.

Why are you looking for a new engine by the way? The stocker is pretty good, at least wear it out first, cos you will ruin your first engine. Believe it.

The car is comfortably worth $300 as a second hand vehicle in that condition, assuming you have all the critical parts.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:55 AM
bhruifafn

I'm not looking for a new engine, I just wanted to fix the current one. I just need either a pull start, roto start, and I found a super old Dynamite Pro Start Professional Starter box that does work, but may not work with the current configuration. I'll have to wait until I get home to try it out. I'm not sure I like that this car is only for on road purposes. Is there a way to convert it somehow to an offroad configuration, or would I be best off to sell it an invest in an offroad car?
Old 06-16-2013, 06:54 AM
bhruifafn

This is now up for trade. Would like some type of off road car, truck, buggy! Thanks!
Old 06-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Foxy

I think you are dead right, that off roaders are more versatile. Good luck with the trade, I'll pretend I didn't see you mention it in the forums.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:48 AM
adam911

ORIGINAL: bhruifafn

Is there a way to convert it somehow to an offroad configuration, or would I be best off to sell it an invest in an offroad car?

It's a good idea to convert an on road RC car into an off road RC car. I think this link might help you.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_24...tm.htm#2488690