Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

What fuel do I need

Old 09-16-2013, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What fuel do I need

Hi all
i'm new to all this radio controlled stuff, just picked up a 2nd hand r/c nitro car for my 2 year old grandson, it's a kyosho alpha 2, I think with a kyosho gx12 engine, I'm confused about what grade fuel I need as there seems to be various different percentages, any help gratefully aaccepted
many thanks
Tony
Old 09-16-2013, 06:27 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Hello indyblade. Welcome to the forum and the hobby. Not sure if a nitro car is suited for a 2 year old but that's not your concern so I'll just get to the question. You should get whichever fuel is easily acquired locally. You want something that once your engine is tuned, you can continue to use without retuning issues. Traxxas and O'Donnell fuel are very common and both good. For your engine, 20% would be suited but 30% would also work fine. Just remember to be consistent with what you use.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:21 AM

Welcome aboard! It's gonna be awhile before he's ready for any real RC, let alone a nitro. That said, the common car fuels available at local hobby shops are 20% and 30%. 20% is going to run little cooler, but have a little less punch. Better for general use.

Also, MAKE SURE YOU BUY CAR FUEL!; marine and aircraft fuels are not formulated the same.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:55 PM

use top fuel this stuff will make engines start better and less flood at the glow plug.