Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Help!! Im new to the RC world!! Pull start issues!

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Help!! Im new to the RC world!! Pull start issues!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 09:27 AM
Carrera05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! Im new to the RC world!! Pull start issues!

Hi, so im new to the RC world and im having issues with my Nitro redcat Lightning STR. I do have a little knowledge in RC's due to a few friends having some but never owned any! I was given 2 Nitro RC's from a neighbor of mine. One of them is a Volcano S30 which is mint and works pefectly fine. The one im having issues with is the Lightning STR. The pull start slips, as i go to pull it turns the it slips and then it catches again. I Loosened the glow plug a bit went to pull and seems to work better to the point i got it to start. What can the issue be? I dont want be loosing the glow plug everytime. Thanks in advance!!
Old 01-27-2015, 05:47 PM
cbaker65

Originally Posted by Carrera05
Hi, so im new to the RC world and im having issues with my Nitro redcat Lightning STR. I do have a little knowledge in RC's due to a few friends having some but never owned any! I was given 2 Nitro RC's from a neighbor of mine. One of them is a Volcano S30 which is mint and works pefectly fine. The one im having issues with is the Lightning STR. The pull start slips, as i go to pull it turns the it slips and then it catches again. I Loosened the glow plug a bit went to pull and seems to work better to the point i got it to start. What can the issue be? I dont want be loosing the glow plug everytime. Thanks in advance!!
Its not a big issue!The one way bearing that the pull starter turns just needs to be cleaned.
Some o-way bearings are in the engines,an some are directly in the pull start itself.
I clean mine with a q-tip & alcohol....
Old 01-27-2015, 06:08 PM
Carrera05

I did pull the pull start off and did see the one way bearing. But is there away to see if its bad by looking at it or having off the engine? My one way bearing is a hex nut style behind the pull start!
Old 01-27-2015, 06:20 PM
cbaker65

Originally Posted by Carrera05
I did pull the pull start off and did see the one way bearing. But is there away to see if its bad by looking at it or having off the engine? My one way bearing is a hex nut style behind the pull start!
If you put the o-way on the shaft by itself,an turn it by hand,it should turn an bite one direction,an
free spin the other,if it does,it should be good.
If there is alot of fuel seepage that gets on it,then it needs to be cleaned,if theres alot of fuel,then you may
need a new backplate.
You can examine the o-way with a magnafying glass,if its cracked an disfigured,then you need a new one..