Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Kyosho freak out

Old 07-01-2015, 11:06 AM
Awilliams2232

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho freak out

I recently purchased a kyosho inferno gt2. During the break in I let idle for the first tank. On the second tank I drove it at 20 mph and half way through I turn around to go back down the road the car goes full throttle and locks to the right. I have no control of the car. Luckily I got it shut down before it ended up damaged. Once the engine was off I couldn't get the wheels to turn with the controller nor by hand. I cut all electronics off for a few minutes and back on. Everything operated fine. Any idea of symptoms. Batteries are new on the car and controller.
Thanks Anthony
Old 07-02-2015, 08:07 AM
Anthoop

First thing I think of is, does it have a failsafe and is it set correctly?

Most failsafes require setting so that if the car goes out of range or the battery drops below a certain level then the failsafe moves the servos to a set position (usually straight steering and some brake)...if the failsafe is not set then maybe it went to full throttle and steering to the right.

Other than that check all the obvious things like connections and look for bare/trapped wires.........after that it could be something like a dodgy on/off switch or faulty servo/RX/TX.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:37 PM
racingfan48

What type of batteries are in the car? Lipo nimh? Also try a capacitor on the receiver. It might have dropped voltage causing it to freak out. I had the same problem and the capacitor fixed it.