Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

First nitro vehicle - very, VERY nearly a driver. Help?

Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

First nitro vehicle - very, VERY nearly a driver. Help?

Old 06-29-2020, 10:36 PM
LagBox505

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First nitro vehicle - very, VERY nearly a driver. Help?

Hello, new to nitro but not to hobby RC. Have been fixing up an OFNA OB4 for the past couple months. I replaced iffy parts and added a new traxxas pro .15 cause I wanted a pull start.

Only once so far, I ran the car for about 30 minutes. It was fast, got to probably 40mph or so. The engine appeared to be running cool and strong. I can almost always start the engine, but once it's at temperature it will stall and not want to restart. In addition, It normally isn't making enough power to move the car above about 15mph either.

In addition, after a small amount of running, the engine appears to settle rearwards, causing the clutch bell to mesh so tightly with the 2-speed that it won't turn.

Help me get this beast running! I don't think I can post photos, as this is my first post. It's a cool car!