Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

V one RR - need more speed

Old 11-02-2003, 02:50 PM
azuz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V one RR - need more speed

Hi

We have a drag race for On Road cars on the 13th Nov....... I have a V one RR stock just put some Foam tires - OS Tr .12 engine on it.
Since this is a no holds barred drag race - just the fastest car wins the race. So any sort of mods are allowed. I need to know what i can do to make it to the finish line first. ??

Heard that If i increase the teeth's on the 2nd spur gear - it would increase the speed. ??

Any suggestions are welcome.......How to win win win !!

Regards
Aziz
Old 11-02-2003, 03:03 PM
Jarret

Default RE: V one RR - need more speed

It depends on how long the race is.

But most likely for a drag race you will want a quicker acceleration.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:03 PM
dg2b

The first mistake in your setup for drag racing is your engine. OS TR is not a low end/torque engine. It is a mid to high end engine and by the time you build up the rpm to realize the mid/high end potential, it maybe too late. What you need in a drag race is a torque engine. The engines that comes to mind are MT12, RB, MR12, Novarossi NS5, etc. You would also want a soft foams for the back to let the tires grab when you WOT from a stand still. I hope you are using a sedan body with a good aerodynamics (like the stratus) as the lola might not be a good shell in a drag race.

Talk to Nitroaddict about his new engine. He just got an RB V12 Rody. That should give you the powerband you are looking for. I personally run V1RR for club racing in a midsize track. If you need more info for V1RR setup, let me know here or drop me a PM.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:44 PM
Nitroaddict

the new RODY V12 I just picked up will certainly smoke your competition, but will also smoke your wallet, so be prepared. If your car doesnt already have a centax clutch, get one of those two, they are almost manditory in putting power to the ground, and the RODY will not accept any other clutch.