Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Picco xp-12 turbo problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 04:59 PM
louielc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picco xp-12 turbo problem

I have a Ntc3 with the picco engine-I went on to the web site and found to adjust the HSN 4 1/2 and the LSN 2 1/2 out. and have tried slight adjustments from that. I cant keep it started. When I plug the exhaust gas sprays out of the carb,adn after a few seconds it starts for 2 seconds.However the LSN goes all the way into the other side of the carbeven at full throttle-is that normal? My glow plug is fine,I have plenty of gas and the gas is fine. Ive tried almost every possibility of turns on the lsn. Can anyone help me, I was into electric and now am trying to get into notro and getting really pissed off in the process, Its going on two weeks trying to get this to start cause I dont have a ton of time to work on it.

Any help is appreciated,
Old 11-20-2003, 05:04 PM
Nitroaddict

Default RE: Picco xp-12 turbo problem

sounds to me that it is flooded. set the needles to the break in specs, then proceed with break in proceedures as normal. DO NOT plug the exhaust as you have been doing. give that a try
Old 11-21-2003, 09:58 AM
ITCHYTRIGGER

Good advise.... if you are using starter box...please make sure that the right rotation of the engine is achieved. i have seen people trying to start the engine facing the other way around.
it will not start.
Old 11-21-2003, 10:56 AM
Nitroaddict

ORIGINAL: ITCHYTRIGGER

Good advise.... if you are using starter box...please make sure that the right rotation of the engine is achieved. i have seen people trying to start the engine facing the other way around.
it will not start.

Haha - I have done this before. Took the whole engine apart trying to figure out what was wrong. It would start, but run horribly for a few seconds and stall. This is something that you do have to pay attention to.
Old 11-22-2003, 03:29 AM
ShOzz

i did this before spent 24 hours trying to figure out what was wrong... it spurted gas from the carb just as you described because everything was reversed, lol.

hey does anyone know much aboutthis picco engine, good price and from everything i have seen it has about 1.37 horses and 38000 rpm

not sure how accurate thatis but i have seen the mt12 or os tr at about 1.1 or 1.2
Old 11-23-2003, 05:30 PM
louielc

Ok- I followed your advice, it is doing the right way and I could get it to start, the problem is the Low speed needle keeps tightening down as the motor idles, every time I adjust it to where it should be after a few seconds its completely in and the engine shuts off-- someone suggested teflon tape(the white plumbing tape)--any other ideas and has anyone ever seen this happen before?