Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

dyno parts!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 12:10 AM
raceme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyno parts!!

hey im thinkin of makin me one of them dyno test machine things. make four separate wheel mounts then hook up the mounts or rollers to a device that goes on bikes that tell how fast your going. i wanna see the increase in mph. reply back if this is possible. may use it to break in engines
Old 11-27-2003, 11:16 PM
Boost-Dragon

Default RE: dyno parts!!

go for it! there is no type of machine of it's kind at this moment but i myself have thought of the idea. i've worked closely with full size dyometers for cars and always thought one for r/c's would be pretty cool.
Old 11-27-2003, 11:45 PM
maxxdriver

i was going to make a machine for breaking a new engine in with a skate board

put two trucks (skate board trucks) two gether on each end of a piece of wood the lenth of the car then put the bearing and wheels on the skateboard trucks so that the cars wheels will sit right in between each of the skate board wheels , so when the wheels turn it would just turn the skate board wheels.
I know it would work , but i dont know if it will put enough pressure on the wills so it does'nt exceed the engines maximum rpms , it wouldnt cost to much!!!!!

four skateboard trucks=$60.00
eight skateboard wheels=$20.00
piece of wood=$5.00
or your can just buy two walmart skate boards a take the trucks and wheels and bearings off and put them on a piece of wood.

good idea?????????????? think it will work??????????????????????

it would make break in a lot easier!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 11-27-2003, 11:47 PM
maxxdriver

ORIGINAL: Boost-Dragon

go for it! there is no type of machine of it's kind at this moment but i myself have thought of the idea. i've worked closely with full size dyometers for cars and always thought one for r/c's would be pretty cool.
some companies that make motors for rc cars have rc car dynos to tell horse power and speed!!!
Old 11-28-2003, 12:14 AM
Boost-Dragon

yea i know r/c engine manufacture's have machines to test engine speeds but they are not available to the general public. it is probably a machine that resembles the machines used to test maximum hp and torque on small engines by calculating maximum engine speeds. not really a digital read out on like on a real size dyno meter.
Old 11-28-2003, 04:15 AM
raceme

i was thinkin of a design that looks like two tire balancers i know i would need 4 bearings a strong metal rod that would fit right in the middle. but then i would need a tube thats light and stong to cover the metal rod. paper towel rolls maybe and fill it up wit foam