Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Hey there! I'm new at this :P

Old 11-27-2003, 11:06 PM
knotteboi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey there! I'm new at this :P

Hey, Just like it says! I'm a new guy at this!
I decided to get into this hobby sort of.. Random like, I have been looking for something to keep me occupied
I just ordered a new HPI RS4 Nitro (Is that right?) To get started off with!
It's coming with a black lamborghini Gallardo body, and a controller / reciever ! :P
I was wondering if there was anyone out there that would be willing to take a new guy with alot of willpower, and the willingness to succeed under his / or / her wing!
If you would be interested in answering my many random questions when they pop up, you can get ahold of me by Yahoo, E-mail, MSN, or AIM!
Or just reply to this post...
Thanks a Lot!!
Knotteboi

For lack of better words, this is the best I can put it :P I'm not trying to mooch off people, I just have alot of questions and Don't want to clog up the forums, I also have questions sometimes that just appear out of mid air.. like i'll be sitting there thinking and one will hit! Sometimes I cant make it to the forums, Just like when you were a small child and it hit you couldnt make it to the bathroom, You know?

Thanks!
Old 11-27-2003, 11:40 PM
knotteboi

Default RE: Hey there! I'm new at this :P

Example of some of my questions:
What is the difference between hard, soft, medium or whatever.. foams for inside your tires? I dont think they are foam.. but rather some kind of lining like this right here -->[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3158644815&category=34063]click me [/link]
Also, What about suspension? I can get a set of very soft, soft, medium, hard, and very hard (2 each) suspension sets for 15 dollars.
Also, what about a 2 speed transmission? I think my car comes with a 1 speed...
Also, how do you increase power? How do you make it go faster?
Also, Say I buy an on-road nitro car and want to make it a kind of... Offroad type car to race in the dirt, What would I have to do?
Where is a website to get good parts and information? What about magazines?
How do I know what parts will fit on my car?
What kind of fuel do I use? The local shop specializes in nitro R/C car / truck stuff, They sell ... Traxxs? 15% nitro fuel, is that what I use?
Is there some kind of supercharger or turbo charger I can get for my engine?
I have a pull start, do I still have to use a glow plug igniter thing?
[&:]
What is a servo?
Are most parts universal fits? say... springs, gas tanks, motors, tires, wheels, bodies, etc? I know 200mm for bodies... but what about the pins that go through the body? can you remove them from the car?
Hmmm lets see what else, as they come to me I bring them up :P
Say I have a controller and my brother has one for his car and they are both the same frequency .. 47 mhz? Would they interfere with each other? Could I controll his? or does it only work with it's specific reciever thing?
Do the cars have breaks?

I will have more... just give a few minutes, the woman has called me for the evening :|
Old 11-28-2003, 12:04 AM
rodrigo1508

Your car does come with 1 gear, the 2 speed is a great hop up you will notice a lot of difference
To increase speed and power you can only do 2 things change gears and change the engine because the .15 fe from hpi is not really powerful
You only can make the rs4 3 into a rally car but I think you would be better buying an offroad car if you want to go off road.
A good site for parts is [link=http://www.towerhobbies.com]Tower Hobbies[/link]
For info on that car in here on the nitro on road forum there is a very very large thread were you can find out everything about that car
You need a fuel with 15% to 30% of nitro , I usually use 20% for my non racing cars and 30% for my racing cars. I dont know how good is the Traxxas fuel
Superchargers are not possible on rc cars, there are boost bottles but they dont really boost anything
Yes you need a glow plug igniter it is to heat up the glow plug, having a pullstart is only so you dont have to buy a starter box wich makes the flywheel of you engine turn, but you do that with the pullstart
A servo the the electronics on your car is what makes your car steer and accelarate, there are two in your car one for steering and one to pull the throttle and braking
Bodies, wheels, tires,springs, motors(almost, there are two kind of shafts and it can be side or rear exhaust also for onroad we use .12 and some .15) the pins can be removed and are universal
For controllers if you are in the same frec as some one else you are going to have interference and can result in lost of control If you and you brother have the same frecuency get some radio cristals with a other frec
Old 11-28-2003, 12:14 AM
knotteboi

Woh.. Thanks a lot!!!
That answers about everything I need to know,
All i need to get down now is what parts my car has, what parts I can buy to better my car, and what parts can fit for me
Thanks!
Old 11-28-2003, 12:36 AM
knotteboi

What about that foam on the inside of the tires? does it really matter if you have soft or medium or hard or whatever? That's all that lacks me as far as confusion
Old 11-28-2003, 12:52 AM
knotteboi

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0005p?&I=HPIC0910&P=X]click here[/link] are these for my car?
if yes is that all i need ? which one do i buy?
Old 11-28-2003, 01:56 AM
rodrigo1508

I dont know about the foams inside those wheels because I use foam tires but ask at your local track or hoobie store what they use and you will have it
Dont buy many alum parts try better the graphite parts there are a lot of hop ups for this car but I wouldnt recomend spend too much money on them use this car to learn to drive and If you want to race later you would be better with a pro kit, If you are only bashing this is a good car.
I can recomend some hop ups like the [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBTB6&P=7]2 speed[/link] (hint: if it says nitro 3 it fits) the graphite hop ups (upper deck, shock towers, etc) , racing clutch, a primer less tank (you can cut it off and seal the tank) a better steering servo, turnbuckles and a more powerful engine. As you can see there are a lot of hop ups for it but I wouldnt recomend spending your money in all of those IN MY OPINION use this car for learning how to run, tune an engine, get a good setup and the parts of a car. but thats my opinion and its based on personal experience
Here you can find a list with lots of hop ups for it [link]http://www.geocities.com/silentgtboy/rs4.htm[/link]
Many people is pleased with this car so dont take my words wrong I had a blast with mine but at the end I realised that I spent a lot in it (I live in Mexico here everuthing is almost at the double)
and I bought almost everything.
I am racing a r40 now and I dont use my rs4 for anything been tryng to sell but no luck yet
Old 11-28-2003, 02:09 AM
knotteboi

Thanks alot ! I found a chart on the foam insert things :-D
Old 11-28-2003, 02:14 AM
knotteboi

Also, Im not sure about all this tire buisiness, I think i want to have some tires for racing, and some tires for play... but I want to make sure my tires for play can last a long time, what are some good tires that can last a long time and are good for like.. pavement or whatever? since thats about all i will be driving it on... I dont want to spend too terribly much
Old 11-28-2003, 12:03 PM
rodrigo1508

the stock one work on anything
Old 11-28-2003, 12:12 PM
Jarret

Well if your idea of play is pulling 360's and powerslides then no type of tires well last a long time.

I know that Pro-Line makes some pretty nice tires.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:11 PM
knotteboi

Yeah, that's my idea of play..
How long do engines last? Someone said 2 gallons, someone said 3 gallons? What does that mean? After you use 2 gallons of fuel you need a new engine?!? That's aweful!!!

My aim is Knotteboi
my msn is [email protected]
my yahoo is knotteboi
if anyone wants to answer more questions :P

thanks