Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Help with Mixture Control Valve

Old 11-28-2003, 07:15 PM
stephen5886

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Mixture Control Valve

Im having trouble tunning the Mixture control valve on my HPI. The idle screw is correct, and the needle valve is fine, but i dont think the mixture control valve is. Everytime I punch the gas, the gar would accelerate really fast leaving a a trail of blue smoke. How do I adjust it so it can be just right? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 11-28-2003, 10:36 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Help with Mixture Control Valve

By idle screw, do you mean the idle speed stop screw, or a mixture adj.? If the car accellerates O.K., and the high speed needle is set right, then you should be O.K. 'cuz a trail of blue smoke is normal, and means longer engine life. You want it just a little rich, especially if it's warm out (ambient air temp.) The idle mixture, if it has one, is in the center of the carb. throttle arm. Which engine do you have? If it's the RTR, then you probably have the FE .15? That doesn't have an idle mixture adjustment, but if you have the SS.12, then you have a carb. with an idle mix. adjustment.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:03 AM
stephen5886

Im talking about the mixture adjustment. I have a two speed transmission in my car, so i made sure that it shifts a lil later. Its a .12 OS CV engine. The car seems to be running fine in mid throttle, but accelerates really fast when i pull the trigger. I know its the mixture control valvue, I just dont know which way to turn it.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:02 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

I'm not exactly sure what type of carb. is on that particular engine. My .15 CV-RX has a "2 needle" type. Is that a 2 needle, or air bleed? If it's the 2 needle, then in (clockwise) is lean. If it's an air bleed, then out is lean (blending in more air)...Have you done the pinch test? If your idle/transition mixture is set right, then you'll only get a slight rise in R.P.M. when you pinch the fuel line. If the engine just dies, then it's too lean. If you get quite a bit of R.P.M. rise, then it's rich...
Old 11-29-2003, 08:38 PM
soccerismylife

It sounds like if there is smoke at low throttle then you should lean out the Lsn