Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

burning brake disc

Old 11-28-2003, 08:44 PM
z style

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default burning brake disc

well i have a street force gp (duratrax) and it isnt the best car. today i took it out with my friends and drove it around and not suprisingly lost another part which broke. so i didnt drive it for the rest of the time and just switched with my friends vechiles. when i got home i made it rwd and put it on a stand so the tires wouldnt touch anything.(lately my engine has been over heating but tahts no biggy i jsut gotta tune it again) so i put the car on the stand and see what was wrong because it seems the back wanst working right. well i started car and let it idle for a minute and then turned the throttle trimming a lil bit so the wheels started spinning (around 10-15mph) well a min of that my brake disc started so i turned off the engine and poked the brake with a screw driver and the disc was flimsy. the brake calibers were fine, they didnt touch the brake that much to cause any prob or atleast i think. before i put the car on the stand i took the back off and spinned the tires and they spun fine so i knew the calibers werent making alot of friction to make the wheels not spin. well i brought the car in and byhen the disc was hard and i took apart the back. the brake has thread poking out and is in terrible condition. the calibers are fine jsut need to clean them. well im done with this car. its a piece of you know what. im going to savage 25 and my dad gave me a tamiya 4x4 truck electric since he dont want it any more (its baout 20 somehting years old i think) im only going to use this car for parts thats it. i just thought you guys wanted to hear what happened today.
Old 11-29-2003, 12:19 AM
knotteboi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: burning brake disc

Interesting.
I'm new to this, ordered my first car wednesday, It should be coming in this upcoming week... I didn't know they had brakes, how do you activate them?