Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Engine Overheat

Old 12-01-2003, 09:57 PM
monkeymatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Overheat

Hi
about a month ago I got my first Nitro car and having the need for speed i ran it pretty lean and was going really good, then it started to make a funny noise and stalled, now i can't start it again. I'm pretty sure I've overheated it and stuffed it. My question, is it worth trying to rebuild it and get parts for it, or should i just go out and get a new one and look afterit a bit better becuase its only a Tamiya stock engine that came with the kit. The old man is a mechanic/engine rebuilder so u think its worth giving it a go, what parts usually need replacing after getting it really hot.
thanks
Old 12-01-2003, 10:49 PM
SS Nitro
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: Engine Overheat

the piston and piston sleeve.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:43 PM
dbow
My Feedback: (1)

Hard to say if you toasted your engine or not, but in most cases it is a better deal to just buy a new engine.

Some engines have very cheap replacement parts but you can usually buy a new engine for just a little more.

Dbow
Old 12-03-2003, 01:03 AM
monkeymatt

thanks guys, i went to my locallhobby store Stanbridges and they said i canget a sleeve and piston for around 80 bucks but ive decieded to go the more dearer option and spend a little more cash and get a a bigger engine and look after it well.they areordering it in and should be able to pick up this weekend. i will let u know how i go. matt