Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Clutch problems?

Old 12-02-2003, 08:55 PM
soccerismylife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch problems?

Ever since I started my RS4 3 ss a couple hours ago it has been wierd. When I started it the clutch was spinning really fast and whe I gave it any even full throttle it would not move, the clutch bell would just move faster. I took it apart and when I opened the clutch bell the shoes and springs were loose. Then I tried starting it again and it did the same thing. I can push the car a lot easier then before the problem. Any help? Thanks.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:23 AM
Aggdaddy

Default RE: Clutch problems?

There may be a problem with your 2-speed assembly. If your clutch bell is spinning, then your clutch shoes are grabbing but the two speed may not be meshed well with the clutch bell. Something is definetly missing or built incorrectly.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:25 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Clutch problems?

If you can push the car easy, and it keeps rollin', generally that's a good thing. It means the drive-train is not binding. But obviously something is getting lost in the translation, so to speak, between engine and wheels...If the clutch bell is turning, then so should the gears, right? If the gears are turning, and the shafts aren't, then maybe the one way bearing is shot? Maybe it is the clutch if things keep loosening up like that, I don't know. Did you stretch out the springs too much when you installed them and the shoes? But like I said before, if the clutch bell is turning, then so should the pinion gears. If the gear mesh is at least close, then the 2 speed should be spinning too, right?! if it's spinning, but the F.+ R. drive shafts are not, then it might be the 1 way bearing. Just a guess...