Which pipe for the RS4?

Old 12-03-2003, 09:48 PM
soccerismylife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which pipe for the RS4?

I want to get a new pipe and was looking at these:
1. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCPX4&P=7
2. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBYF8&P=7
I know there are a lot more pipes out there so please give MORE suggestions. I want to keep under $60.00 and want ease of installation and noise to be a factor. I also 0f course want some great performence. Thanks for the jelp.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:26 AM
Burnin_Foam

Default RE: Which pipe for the RS4?

I got a MIP on mine, it was like 45 bucks and it does the job. It's adjustable too.
Old 12-04-2003, 03:32 PM
dbow
My Feedback: (1)

There are lots of designs out there, 2 of my cheap favorites are the MIP and the Paris Turbo ring pipe.
THe MIP I am talking about is the long thin pipe that goes for about $20. With the correct spacing off the header this pipe produces amazing top end speed but is lacking on the bottom end. I used this pipe on large tracks that had a lot of straights and such.

For bottom end I like the Paris which I have found to be a great bottom end pipe. Great for short tracks with a lot of turns.

For all around I use a Nova Mega X12 pipe which is a few years old, I dont know if they still make them or not.
If I was buying a new pipe right now I would look at the Rglogics stuff, they have some great pipes. The prices are a bit steep but they look awesome.

Dbow
Old 12-04-2003, 11:40 PM
dbow

I did not respond to the pipes you listed and I realize those were the ones you were really asking about, but for some reason I forgot to respond on those.

I like the pipe on the first link, that pipe is sweet and looks like it would be a great performer. Not bad on the price either for the pipe, header and the accessories.

The second pipe you list in my opinion is a joke, a novelty if you will, that's the way I have always looked at that pipe. It is a fun pipe to play around with but in comparison I never felt that it measured up to the real stuff.
This is just my opinion on the CVEC and there are people that love them, I hate em.

Dbow
Old 12-05-2003, 10:09 AM
soccerismylife

I'll look at the Paris and the MIP also. I'm going to just be bashing but I do want a good quality pipe that either has a header included or that will fit the stock header. Also are any of these pipes a lot louder then the stock one? (It would be nice if it's adjustable )
Old 12-05-2003, 01:10 PM
dbow

I know that MIP does have sveral pipes that are packaged with a header. The rectangular side exhaust header is the one that comes with it. They may also have a round reaer exhaust version. But dont let that keep you from getting certain pipe. You can buy the header seperate if you want to.

It is in my opinion that the MIP is not a great all around pipe. I would grab the THS pipe you had in the link if you got the cash.

As for being adjustable, the pipes that are separate from the header meaning they use a silicon coupler to connect them are adjustable. You can move the pipe back and forth increasing or decreasing the spacing between the pipe and the header. This will effect the speed and such and how the engine sings on the pipe. The ones that are fixed are not adjustable as far as I know.

And yes they are usually louder than the stock stuff, but not so much that it becomes a problem.

Dbow
Old 12-05-2003, 08:31 PM
soccerismylife

Thanks. I have enough monery for the THS but when I was looking for the Paris I couldn't find it on tower. I will probably get the THs then. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:36 PM
soccerismylife

Also, why did Nitro Addict edit my post? I don't have a problem with him, I'm just cuirous if I did something wrong.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:32 PM
dbow

Tower does not carry the paris pipe, they may carry a design that is similiar made by someone else.

More info on the pipe here : [link=http://www.parisracing.com/mainindex.htm]http://www.parisracing.com/mainindex.htm[/link]

There are quite a few places online where you can buy this pipe.
Here is one:

[link=http://www.acehardwarehobbies.com/2.2/catalog/default.php?cPath=20_40]http://www.acehardwarehobbies.com/2.2/catalog/default.php?cPath=20_40[/link]

I would still go with the THS, heck that thing looks so sweet I might have to get me one....lol

I am unsure why your post was edited, you will have to take that up with Addict. I am sure he will be around or you could just PM him

Dbow
Old 12-05-2003, 10:35 PM
soccerismylife

Thanks, but I am not old enough to do all the cedit card ordering and blah blah so I can't just go setup accounts anywhere. If I like it my lhs has one. The post editing is not that big of a deal, just wondering.
Old 12-06-2003, 02:30 AM
knotteboi

You can go to the local bank and open a "Student Checking" account, I think they go from age 13 to age 22... You dont have to have any set amount of money in it at any given time, They give you checks and a credit card (debit card, draws from the account, no fees) And it's all free... Citizens bank has this program, I dont know about other banks... But they should... You just have to get your mom to go with you or dad... or something...
Then you can set up a paypal or whatever account :-)
Happy Hunting!

Also! What happens if you run the car without a pipe? say the... Whole manifold and all comes off and you keep running it... (it was an accident, i swear... i noticed a funny change in noise but didnt think much of it...)
Old 12-06-2003, 02:51 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Back in the stone ages, we used to fly without mufflers of any kind...Then, during the 1970's (prob. waaay before you were born) mufflers started to become popular. I flew a LOT of control liners w/o anything on the stack (LOUD)... It won't hurt the engine, if you re-adjust the mixture, because you don't have any fuel tank pressurization from the line to the pipe, and that's gonna make it too lean. So, you'll have to adj. the needle(s) accordingly...Richen 'em up...You're also gonna notice it has less power, because the pipe is "tuned" to help the engine make power. Bet that right rear tire is gonna get REAL oily too
Old 12-06-2003, 10:12 AM
soccerismylife

One time my whole pipe came off from the header and it was really noisy! I've heard you can run it with out the pipe without it hurting the engine. You don't need to worry about the pressure because people say that it will still work just the fuel traveling to the carbourater will not e so smooth.

I'll try to convince my dad to get thast student checking account. Thank.
Old 12-06-2003, 12:01 PM
knotteboi

Hmmm... Today I am going hunting for screws for it, and getting some of that "Lock Tite" or whatever it is called.. Im going to get an extra long one so I can stick a nut on there :P
Wal mart didnt have anything, and lowes was closed (Went hunting at 10 pm last night) So I can make a few rounds before I give up and get pissed off and throw everything against a wall, Sometimes that happens anywas...
Yeah, no problem, The checking account thing.. Helped me out too, It sucked having an online life and no way to pay for stuff... Enjoy it ! :P
Old 12-06-2003, 12:13 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

ORIGINAL: soccerismylife

One time my whole pipe came off from the header and it was really noisy! I've heard you can run it with out the pipe without it hurting the engine. You don't need to worry about the pressure because people say that it will still work just the fuel traveling to the carbourater will not e so smooth.

I'll try to convince my dad to get thast student checking account. Thank.

Actually you are 50% right. You can't run the engine without a pipe on stock needle settings. You would have to run really rich to get a lean run because there is no pressure pushing the fuel into the carb. If you do that you probably won't have no problems but maby shorten the life in the long run.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:04 AM
RCgangsta

I have the Cvec dual pipe on my RS4 3 and i love it, i have tried many and this has been the best and it looks the best. It also sounds cool.
Old 12-07-2003, 04:46 AM
GALAXY

I like the dual stingers on the CVEC but thats it,other than that it leaked everywhere and made my car run hot and inconsistent no matter how I tuned it or the placement of the piston.I ended up takin the piston and spring out and its loud as hell...it'll have to work till I get the THS or put the stock one back on.