Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Gears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Gears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 07:05 PM
tkid402

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why am I constantly stripping the first gear on my two speed transmission on my hpi super nitro rs4????
I thought everything was aligned properly and the motor is very secure, so I am at a total loss
ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2004, 07:30 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

Default RE: Gears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If its only the first gear, maby you have the wrong gear size so the second might be locked good but first wont be touching properly. Also your gear mash might be off...it might look like the gears are aligned properly but you need to do a test to know for shure. Take a peice of paper and stick it in between the spur gears and clutchbell. Then roll the car forward till the paper comes out the other end. If the paper wont go through the gears, then you have them too close togeather. If the paper goes through but the gears didn't cut through it, then the gears are too far apart. You paper should have indents with holes in every other indent.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:57 PM
tkid402

thank you very much, I'll try that
Old 01-13-2004, 09:42 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have the same number of teeth "split" between gears? If there are 4 teeth difference between the pinions (i.e. 18 and 22T.) then you must have a 4 tooth split between the spurs too...41 and 45 for example...