Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Touring Car Choices

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 08:26 PM
satriau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touring Car Choices

I'd like to have race car which I will drive it as practice car as well. FYI I used to play such this hobby a long time ago. The budget only fits for one car only, so I prefer the fastest, the most reliable and cheap spare parts.

What do you recommend if I'd like to have only one car but I may use it from beginner to pro level driver. I just like to upgrade such as suspension, chasis, transmision only, if my skills improved and requires upgrades.

My preference is Kyosho V1 RR Evo, Serpent 710, Mugen MTX 3, CEN CT4R, HPI R-40. Could you rank them up for me ?

Last Q, what is the different between beginner touring car and pro touring car physicaly and feels ? I'm confused, but I suppose that pro car would be better in handlng right ??

Thanks
Old 03-08-2004, 05:44 PM
studysession

Default RE: Touring Car Choices

1st - use the search button and you will find loads of info here on RCU on each of these cars.

2nd - A beginner car is usually classified a Ready-To-Race (RTR) it is made up from cheaper parts to keep cost low and comes complete with EVERYTHING that is needed to get going right out of the box. Pro Kits are usually made of all the team parts and cost more. The Pro/Team kits you usually still need to buy radio and engine and maybe a few other parts. So they cost more.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:08 PM
dg2b

ORIGINAL: satriau

----8<-----8<---- I prefer the fastest, the most reliable and cheap spare parts. ---8<---8<---

My preference is Kyosho V1 RR Evo, Serpent 710, Mugen MTX 3, CEN CT4R, HPI R-40. Could you rank them up for me ?

Thanks
Here is how I would rank them.
1. V1RR Evo, MTX3, 710 OR
2. V1RR Evo, 710, MTX3.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:31 PM
muzik2921

It's better that you get a RTR first since you just started. Try nitro TC3 RTR. It's a good car to start!

Fajar .
Old 03-09-2004, 06:57 PM
SqueedilySpooch

don't get the Cen or you will have to go to the hs every time u run it for spare parts[:'(]
Old 03-09-2004, 07:48 PM
satriau

Thanks for your advice, Fajar !

I feel that your advice is a "fresh" advice realizing you are just about to join this hobby as well.

Good Luck !