Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

NITRO TC-3 PLUS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 02:11 AM
crx4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NITRO TC-3 PLUS!!!

I cant cause I got it off ebay for a really good price and I will have to pay like $50 to send it back I'll just have to hop it up with UT for some extreem bash.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:20 PM
dmatko

got around to ordering the tc-3. since today is mem day, it probably wont ship till tomorrow. one question though, will hpi bodies fit the tc3? if so, which size: 190mm or 200mm. if not, what bodies will fit it? thnx
Old 06-01-2004, 05:34 AM
RC Collector

TC-3 takes 200 mm body.

Check out e-bay for great deals on these, search "200mm painted". Just bought a painted & trimmed Saleen Mustang for under $40.00.

LD3 Pro (with the Picco .12XP) is a great car, I race two of these in stock and mod class at the local club. Ofna recently raised the price, though, so now it's about the same as the NTC3+. For performance, would still go with the LD3/Picco combo. For parts availability, NTC3+ wins.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:32 AM
avery4jc
My Feedback: (10)

Go with the Savage, it isn't as fast (like 3 m.p.h. slower) but it will run all day without problems.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:15 AM
avery4jc

Has anybody else gotten theirs yet? The shop has some on back order but we can't get them yet.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:01 AM
dmatko

not yet, but towers says that it got shipped today, so im expecting it either thursday or friday at the latest. im gonna break it in gently and run a few tanks thru it before i give it a kick in the pants. im still gonna have to wait till saturday to test it out at my friends house since he has such a nice, clean, well maintained parking lot next to his house hehehehe. so untill the weekend, im not gonna be able to see its full potential. but anyway, how was the break in process for it avery? what fuel did you use? have you gotten any mods for it yet?
Old 06-02-2004, 11:06 AM
avery4jc

dmatko, I don't have mine yet....the LHS that I work at has them on back order.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:27 PM
dmatko

oooo my bad, i thought you had one. the wait is killin me here. tomorrow im gonna be at work alllll day and i dont know when the delivery is gonna happen, which means i wont be able to sign for it. i dont think the guy/gal is gonna leave it at my door since its a pretty xpensive piece of equipment. im probably gonna have to go to the shop and pick it up from them. o well, least ill have it tomorrow i hope...
Old 06-03-2004, 03:58 AM
highoctane
My Feedback: (31)

I am not waiting to purchase the "plus" I just want to go "big-block" and beat the crap out of everything out there.I am trying to install a 8 port Ofna into my NTC3 with the "New" 2-speed gear ratios..."TEAM GEARS" I need the speed!!! You all get your "plus" cars and lets race! Anyways still would like to hear about the plus car...I have a post also...(.21 NTC3 swap) Later,I think I'm a sleep 4a.m. yikes!!! Stay on the gas!!!
Old 06-03-2004, 04:23 PM
Stupid101

After reading this Thread and doing some research im thinking of getting this car too.
This is going to be my first nitro car.

Is this car good for racing?

What additional parts should I get to make it last longer?

Is this car better/faster than HPI RS4 3, HPI Super Nitro?
Old 06-03-2004, 07:43 PM
McLaughlin001

This thread has gotten me motivated as well. Several of my friends are going to get nitro touring cars as well, so I will be getting one to play with them. We won't be racing at an actual track, just bashing in the many big parking lots here in town and racing each other. They all are getting or have gotten the traxxas 4-tec rtr and the ones who have them love them. They start fast and hold their tune and run great.

Now, that being said, I went down to my LHS and saw the TC3+. It's only $30 more than the 4-tec, maybe a little cheaper if I do some talking. The good thing is that you don't have to buy the battery and charger like you do for the EZstart on the 4-tec. The thing that I don't like is the pull-start, call me lazy but I really like the electric start. Does the TC3 start fairly quickly with the pull? If so, then i'll just go for it.

How does the TC3 compare to the 4-tec on handling, acceleration, and top end speed?

Thanks

Mike
Old 06-04-2004, 12:58 AM
Exibit

Lo all

I bought my TC3 as a RTR but I have changed the whole car - The reason I had to do this was I blew the Stock engine

So After talking to the guys on this forum I started Changing a few bits

New Nova Rossi engine (Non Pull Start) Front Way Way Diff, New Threaded Suspension, Carbon Front & Rear Shock Towers

Dual Chamber Pipe - Purple Springs Rear - Front Blade Roll Bar.

I am getting ok at driving it now as it is much faster with the Novarossi fitted. A guy at my local track who enters all the competitions was helping me change the camber and he took the car out on the track and overtook a Serepent 1/8 scale on the first corner after the long straight.

As for spare parts I live in the United Kingdom and can get parts ok, though I do tend to order them from Tower hobbies as they have loads of Hop Ups available. Check the link below
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=ASCC2040&P=Z
This car rocks
Old 06-04-2004, 05:16 AM
RC Collector

Tower just dropped the price of the TC3+ RTR to under $300 ... plus $15.00 off until the end of the month, so net $285.00 ... got to be a great deal.

If you don't like pull-starts, get a starter box ... once you have one, you'll never want to yank on a cord again.

4-Tec is a good basher, but not a competition car. Better to bolt a nice race engine (like the Rossi) into the TC3 once the stock one is ready for retirement.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:23 PM
McLaughlin001

I'm sort of on a budget right now, which is why I can't get a starter box. So, that was the main appeal of the 4-tec. But it seems as though the TC3 is an overall better car, I think I'll have to get one.

Mike
Old 06-04-2004, 01:52 PM
avery4jc

I just wanted to mention what a great place this has turned into for people interested in the NTC3+. I started this forum to get some input but it has grown extremly fast! Thanks to all of you guys (and girls) with more experience that have been helping out.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:57 PM
Irlsh
My Feedback: (4)

not to mention the NTC3 is a brother of the original TC3 non gas version wich has been out for so much longer then nitro version.. we all know ofna are rip artists well most of us know that. the others just are clueless..lol here are some pics showing my ntc3 and ofnas!

my ntc3

ofna's LD3

another view of mine

ofna's LD3

NTC3

even same exhaust side tray support i dentical
Old 06-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Stupid101

Does this car use disc brakes like 4tec? If not what does it use?
Old 06-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Irlsh

uses the brakes just like ntc3 does it just doesnt show but same way on the center shaft
Old 06-05-2004, 12:35 AM
skyneverdie

wow
i got my NTC3 plus today... this baby is so fast... Way way way way FASTER then Rs4...

i am happy with it...

the only con side is..... the screws are all hex type!!
it strips to easily...

is there any aftermarket harden hex screw for Ntc3???
Old 06-05-2004, 07:56 AM
Irlsh

use the titanium screw kit...
Old 06-05-2004, 11:00 AM
2fast 4you

Hello

What would be the difference betwen the NTC3 Kit and NTC3 RTR+ chasis and I´ve read the RTR don`t have alumninum CVD´s that it´s a solid drive shaft, does this affects in performace. Because I´m trying to going racing and I don`t know wich one is better to start.[8D]

I still have my RS4 3 evo but the chasis is not competitive enough to beat the other guys
Old 06-06-2004, 12:24 AM
Irlsh

you mean between the team version and the rtr version right? well they both have the same chassis. the team version kit comes with a 2 speed tranny wich will cost around 50 60 bucks if you buy it seperatly and your right the rtr version doesnt have the blue cvd's the team version has. also the team version comes with alluminum threaded shocks wich rtr dont. so inturn to make a rtr a team version you need to dump atleast 150 or more.. just get the team version of the bat. as far as chassis i use a 5mm tc3 aftermarket chassis the blue one looks nice but is not as strong.. but will work ..... good luck m8
Old 06-06-2004, 04:22 PM
avery4jc

Keep the good info. comming everyone, even though quite a few people have a ntc3+ already let us know what you think about it if anyone else gets one.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:17 PM
Stupid101

Does the ntc3 plus use this filter?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCSW3&P=7

Which of these moto saver filters fits the ntc3 plus ?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...er&FVPROFIL=++
Old 06-06-2004, 09:44 PM
skyneverdie

where can i find the titanium screw for the NTC3?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.