Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Official Smartech Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 04:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Smartech Thread

I am a r/c nitro newbie and would like some advice on my Speedy Tiger. Has any one had any problems with setting up the steering on a speedy tiger?
Old 11-23-2007, 05:28 PM

i just received one of these cars I won on ebay fo $86.00...NEW 18 CXP SMT ENGINE....I got it for my son who turns 11 on dec 3rd. I think it was a good price for a begginer car. What are my main concers before we begin? should we buy any extra parts before we start?
Please advize

OTG
Old 11-23-2007, 05:59 PM

here are some more specs for the smartech carI am speaking of.

Front and Rear bearing differentials
4 Wheels Drive System
No-Flex chassis design for better performance
Alloy Aluminum chassis
Double Wishbone Suspension Arms
Oil-filled 4 X ALUMINUM shock absorberS
Disc-Shaped brake system
Front universal joint shaft
80 cc Fuel Pressure Tank
High impact wheels
High traction radial tires
TRANSPARENT Servo server linkage system
Stock engine ALUMINUM muffler system
2 Channel ADJUSTABLE pistol radio system INCLUDED WITH AUCTION

Thanks again,
OTG
Old 11-25-2007, 01:11 PM

is it on road, or off road? you will likely burn out your clutch shoes, so after market ones are a good idea. your radio equipment is junk, and will most likely malfunction causing you to crash, so a failsafe will be a good idea.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:30 PM

it is an onroad car.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:46 PM

no "clutch shoes" listed on the parts list....do you mean the two piece friction clutch that the spring is attached to?...kinda looks like brake shoes..

Thanks, for your help!

OTG
Old 11-25-2007, 05:32 PM

those are the shoes im talking about. some people have their idle too high, causing these shoes to be partially engaged, making them melt.
i have an off road, so i cant suggest any other possible part problems.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:51 PM

or if you do a lot of braking/drifting/short tracking. also you're brake disk will get super hot an melt the plastic housing. ( I hvae gone through 3 brake disks, 4 housings, and 2 clutch shoes.)

for those wondering, yea I'm still around and still have the car
Old 11-26-2007, 07:40 PM

whats the plastic housing?
Old 11-26-2007, 11:23 PM

well at least on my car, the housing that holds the main gear is plastic, and the metal that contacts it from the brake 'pads' gets super hot and melts the plastic. (keep in mind I got my car back in '05, so this may have been updated/redesigned)

(hope that makes sense, if not I might have a pic somewhere)
Old 11-26-2007, 11:52 PM

who has a car with the model # 10143. its says the #on the top right corner of your instruction manual. thanks.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:45 AM

I have 10142
Old 11-27-2007, 06:55 PM

hey guys i was wondering where to get some aluminium upgrades for the speedy tiger....anyone know of some places?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:45 PM

do not exist. you have to make your own or 'make' other similar parts fit by modifying them
Old 11-27-2007, 08:15 PM

Some of the traxxas parts are simmilar. you should probibly go to your local hobby shop and see if they can get a close matchup of the parts.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:56 AM

ive had enogh with this mt [:@][&o][][:'(] it keeps breaking went out in the garden with it andit ran fine for 4 tanks but then an hour later i was about to take it down to the park so started it up and it sounded funny then the next thing fuel comes pouring out from under the heatsink so in stopped the engine and checked the head screws they where tight[X(] anybody knowwhat the problem is [sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=confused.gif][sm=idea.gif]

edit: its the 15 cxp engine not the cx
Old 12-04-2007, 07:02 PM

could be spraying from the exhaust header. or loose/broken glow plug.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:21 AM

fixed it the one screwin the head had jamed so thought it wastigt but want even near the head
Old 12-24-2007, 03:17 PM

I wonder how many people will be given smartechs as presents this year. i bought mine with Christmas money i got years ago. mine is still running strong!
Old 12-24-2007, 09:05 PM

im not sure, but i assure you i will never want one for christmas, because i already have enough nitro, so next on the list is electric, lol
Old 12-27-2007, 04:24 AM

Havng trouble assembling suspension front and rear as there dose not appear to be a thread in the swing arms......
never built anything before and feel a liitle lost. Do we screw the ball head screws in or are they a "push in " type?
Skidteen
Old 12-27-2007, 11:37 AM

Hello I'm new to the nitro RC world I just got a smt winner pro for Christmas and haven't even had a chance to run it yet I plan to break it in/tune this weekend with a friend of mine that has an old HPI 1/8. My car has the .18cx I think and a two speed trans, seems like a nice car. I would like to replace the servos and remote later down the line when I get better with the car but I did have a question has anyone heard of an LSD rear diff for these cars? if so I'll be interested in changing mine out in the future. (LSD limited slip diff) I plan on using it for track and drifting so I would prefer an LSD to locking the diff via adhesive besides I like the LSD in my real car.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:59 PM

well in the mean time I found a site that seems to have alot of parts for smartech I'm not sure if the url has been posted here before but I figure it should be helpful to someone http://www.raidentech.com/acandpa.html

I also found this
"Filling normal diffs with heavy grades of silicon oil has an LSD effect. Use heavier oil up front and slightly lighter in the rear."
this could allow me to set my car up just how i want it and cost very little however I'll have to do some experimenting

anyway if anyone has heard of a real diff that will work in the rear of a smt car please let me know
Old 12-30-2007, 02:54 PM
My Feedback: (2)

i diddnt want to start a new post so forgive me slightly for going off topic a little... ive been of and on in the rc car hooby since i was 8 y/o and got my first real rc car a tamiya monster beetle... that was 22 years ago......... the quality on the "hong kong junk " is every bit as good as the so called reputable companies ...its a little harder to get "exact replacement parts" but thqats one of the funnest parts of this hobby to me ...my wife and myself broke/lost three out of four dogbones on our redcat nitro buggie...... over the course of a week or two ... i couldnt find any the right size locally so i bought 4 hpi dogbones for the mt2 whick are about 3/16ths of an inch too long so what did i doo?????? i thought and planned and drilled a new hole on each of the 4 corners about 3/16ths out from the factory hole and adjusted the tierod ends etc and whammo baCK in buisness kit bashing as they used to call it is what made it fun ... ive owned prolly 50 differant rc cars by 60 differant manufacturers and every single one broke sooner or later but thats what i enjoy it teaches you drive smarter build better adjust propperly and tune to get the best results ...rc is like any other motor sport ...do you think john force, ivan stewart danica patrick went down to the dealership bought a car and were perfect right off the bat wiithout breaking anything and knowing nothing ...nope years of mistakes crashes aand breaks .... its like evolution .... and in this day of $3 a gallon for gas $5 a gallon for milk $ 2 FOR a dozen eggs im glad i can buy a fun car me and the wife can go out bash around the yarsd get others intrested in the hobby and yet not go hungry or spend a weeks pay to get....american companies are not out to make a proffit they are out to make a killing if they werent these chinese compannies wouldnt be in business the american company desighns something sends it to a chinese manuf. who makes them sells them to amercan company by the contaioner load the amer. comp. then slaps a sticker on it mARKS IT UP 80%- 95% OF WHAT THEY PAYED FOR IT ...then the chinese manufacturer starts producing it under other names or in other colors .. its the same materials desighn , enginering and assymbling of the american versions only they are half the price...ok wheeeew ive been holding that in for a while
Old 12-30-2007, 07:21 PM

that was a really good post kuzikood, and it makes a lot of sense. You have probably been in the hobby as long as i was born, but i still know that the prices of the cars are always rising. When these companies come out with these $100-$200 cars, it makes me feel as if they are trying to accomodate the average person, which is always good because it raises the number of rc'ers out there. Sure you can get quality 'Merican cars, or the perfected Slovakian Xray's but how many newcomers do you see enticed by their $500 price tags, with nothing included? Sure this may not seem like F-13's usual belief in quality, but i get what you're saying, and its a good point.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.