Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

No movement?

Old 07-13-2005, 08:31 PM
JFree8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No movement?

Hey guys,
just went out to run my ntc3. Engine fired up right off as usual. I applied some throttle and the engine only revved. I stopped it, checked all the diffs and wheels and everything else i can think of. Tried again and the same thing happened. What am I not looking at?
Old 07-13-2005, 08:41 PM
SqueedilySpooch

Default RE: No movement?

... check the clutch and everything else one the drivetrain. Most likely its ur cluctch not engaging because of damge or its just set to engage at a too high or a rpm.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:27 PM
Piero23

its gotta be the clutch shoes or a loose flywheel check to see if you can turn the flywheel without the piston moving
Old 07-16-2005, 05:21 PM
JFree8

I got the wheels to move..but now when they do there is a popping sound. I changed the settings back to factory set and now there is fuel coming out of the exhaust? WHAT IS GOING ON? The car ran fine until a few days ago and now everything is going down the tubes.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:51 PM
RcSuCkA

If theres fuel spitting out of the the exhaust then that means its too rich. Make sure theres no rocks jamming anything and make sure that the wheel nuts arent too tight.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:32 AM
previ

Firstly...engine is too rich, that is why you are getting fuel out of the exhaust. You can fix that by closing in (clockwise) the HSN 1/8th of a turn at a time until you can get the car to hit full revs with a nice trail of smoke coming out of the pipe.
Regarding the popping noise you describe - can you be more specific, where is it coming from?
You should check - clutch shoes - see whether the are glazed and so this will cause it to slip. You can solve this by rubbing them down with fine grit paper.
Check engine mounting screws and engine alignment .
Check your diffs.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:44 PM
JFree8

i got the car running again.......turns out there was a small rock jammed up aganist my brake rotor...i didnt see it at first but when i shined a flashlight down there is saw it...car now runs great..and no more fuel coming out the exhaust...but now when i let off the gas the car spins....just have to adjust the brake lever..correct!
Old 07-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Burntt32
My Feedback: (1)

welll....if there was a rock in there, the brakes are gonna be damaged so thers somethin to look into as well