RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Best bang for Buck!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:19 PM
Crazy Canuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best bang for Buck!

Hey all,

I am just wondering what, in your opinions, is the best or top of the line on-road nitro car...1/8th or 1/10th scale. I am interested in getting into the on-road aspect of RC, having a few off road vehicles I'd like to diversify my garage so to speak. Money is not a factor, I need to know what's best, why, how fast, that sort of thing. So any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Old 07-26-2005, 11:34 PM
cardriverx

Default RE: Best bang for Buck!

well 1/8th is faster, more realistic, and will handle better, but you need alot of space and money. 1/10 is better if you dont have that much room and/or money, but still want to go fast. basically if you have the cash and room get a 1/8th, but if you just want a on road to mess around with, 1/10th might be better.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:45 PM
captainmorgan

get an hpi rs4 3 evo, i got one a couple months ago and love it. It is fast durable and the parts are very easy to find it also has many hop ups available.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:29 AM
stanmart

If you want a competition car for on road and money isnt and object. Mugen MTX-3 Proceed is way pricey but supposed to be bad to the bone. I saw it at the LHS for 499 just for the kit with no electronics or radio. People say there super fast. Serpents i guess are supposed to be good as well.

I bought and R40. Havent gotten to even drive it yet. Its competition on a budget. I wanted something fast but not too pricey being im having to dump hundreds of dollars into other aspects of the car. R40 looks pretty nice though. It seems a bit heavy but i havent compared it to the weight of the other cars. Supposidly its very durable though. Thats a plus for me.

You will need a long list of things to complete a mugen kit or R40 type kit.

Im in it now for about 320 and i havent even gotten my motor yet. Thats without buying a radio. I already had one. 200 on the car, 116 bucks on and extra servo, switch, reciever pack and exhaust. Plus another 20 on a viper body.

Going to cost me 300 more for a RB Concepts V.12 engine. Plus a starter and glow plug igniter. OUCH!

Oh ya glow plugs and fuel too. LOL

as far as RTR kits there are a ton available it seems. Havent tried any though
Old 07-27-2005, 07:36 AM
iacolb12

For racing: I second the Mugen for 1/10. Serpent is a great car but tends to be a bit too fragile for my taste. I would also consider the Kyosho V-One RRR.

However, if you are just getting into the sport and jumping into racing. Don't get an expensive kit the first time out. Why not get an R40 or NTC3. The parts are much mor plentiful and cheaper. The difference between an R40, Serpent and Mugen doesn't really show till you run with the boys who make few mistakes. (That'd be the experts.)

Good luck!
Old 07-27-2005, 01:36 PM
Crazy Canuck

Cool, thanks for the info guys. What do you think about the Nitro 3 18ss? I like the fact that it's a kit as I already have a radio (JR XS3 PRO) and a spare JR 310 receiver and some servos lying around. I'm definitely not going to be jumping right into racing, gonna wait til next year for that, just practice now.

Cheers
Old 07-27-2005, 01:40 PM
churchrvb
My Feedback: (9)

that 18ss looks really nice. plus it will be fun to build too. i wish that came out before i bought the rs4 evo
Old 07-27-2005, 02:02 PM
losixxx-nt

ORIGINAL: stanmart

If you want a competition car for on road and money isnt and object. Mugen MTX-3 Proceed is way pricey but supposed to be bad to the bone. I saw it at the LHS for 499 just for the kit with no electronics or radio. People say there super fast. Serpents i guess are supposed to be good as well.

I bought and R40. Havent gotten to even drive it yet. Its competition on a budget. I wanted something fast but not too pricey being im having to dump hundreds of dollars into other aspects of the car. R40 looks pretty nice though. It seems a bit heavy but i havent compared it to the weight of the other cars. Supposidly its very durable though. Thats a plus for me.

You will need a long list of things to complete a mugen kit or R40 type kit.

Im in it now for about 320 and i havent even gotten my motor yet. Thats without buying a radio. I already had one. 200 on the car, 116 bucks on and extra servo, switch, reciever pack and exhaust. Plus another 20 on a viper body.

Going to cost me 300 more for a RB Concepts V.12 engine. Plus a starter and glow plug igniter. OUCH!

Oh ya glow plugs and fuel too. LOL

as far as RTR kits there are a ton available it seems. Havent tried any though
where in casselberry are you located
i am in oviedo
brother lives in casselberry
what kinda cars you have
Old 07-27-2005, 06:45 PM
iacolb12

Just a note. IF you end up wanting to race with the car, you may want to check with your local track/shop to see if they will allow a big-block to race. 18cc isn't ROAR legal.

but when it comes to bashing I say get what you like tempered with the practicality of parts availability.