Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL KYOSHO THREAD: V1 and FW-05 series

Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

OFFICIAL KYOSHO THREAD: V1 and FW-05 series

Old 05-20-2007, 01:49 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL KYOSHO THREAD: V1 and FW-05 series

Here's mine with some new tires and wheels... I'm more into offroad, but bought this a year and a half ago and haven't paid much attention to it. Back when I got it it was between this and the HPI, and I basically went with this cuz it was significantly cheaper.. I had big reservations though cuz I really wanted something tough, and just assumed that cuz a Savage is tough so is the RS4... Well, anyway, with the HD chassis plate this thing is plenty tough, and has been through some pretty good 10+ flip wrecks.... Recently though I've been taking it out to this track and having quite a bit of fun with it. When it was new a had a huge crash with it and bent the chassis and then the 2-speed was also gone. So, I got the HD chassis and replaced the 2-speed, and ever since then it's been just a great, reliable, rocket-fast car. And I just don't really take care of it.. On a couple occasions the engine got near 400... But it's probably the most unproblematic nitro engine I've come across. It starts right up, idles great, gets nice long run times, and compared to my trucks is practically clock-like in its reliability and consistency.. (OK, I guess the trucks get more of a beating....) And it REALLY is a rocket - for me anyway - once it takes off in 2nd gear......

Excellent car, IMO. Definitely recommendable... - especially with the HD chassis plate...

And here's the original basher bod. It was ugly-white, but I just spray-painted it black.. Don't really care how scraped up it gets - will still look better than white...:

Old 05-20-2007, 07:08 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine had the nice red ferrari body, that was all messed up, time for a new body again since the mustang body is all messed up now. You are right about the engine, it runs great, starts right up, i am very happy with mine, the only problem i see is parts, not easy to get
Old 05-21-2007, 06:23 AM
usernametaken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-21-2007, 06:27 AM
usernametaken

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

On a couple occasions the engine got near 400... But it's probably the most unproblematic nitro engine I've come across. It starts right up, idles great, gets nice long run times, and compared to my trucks is practically clock-like in its reliability and consistency.. (OK, I guess the trucks get more of a beating....) And it REALLY is a rocket - for me anyway - once it takes off in 2nd gear......

lol I have had mine for nearly 2 years and one thing I have learned is if it isnt running hot its not running right I stopped worrying about temps ages ago cause when you try to run these motors in the so called "correct" temp range they run like crap. I love this motor surprisingly you can screw some good power out of it and the pullstart system kyosho use is super reliable.

ehoof you should be able to get parts directly from kyosho america if your stuck, they are doing a big push for your market so I would imagine they should have good supplies.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:29 PM
charlieboy

ORIGINAL: ehroof

here is my fw 05t, i am suprised this thread is so dead, not many people have this car huh, out of the box, this is faster than the hpi rs4 evo i have. i really like this car.
Hello ehroof, how does that hpi body compare to the stock body?? I am looking into replacing my stock Mustang GTR body with an aftermarket but not sure if it'll be more durable. The stock body was so flimsy, i got a few light collissions and the font is all cracked, i need to replace it!!
Old 05-22-2007, 07:34 PM
charlieboy

Parts is a major issue for the FW-05R, does anyone have a link to an on-line reseller!?!?
Old 05-23-2007, 12:56 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's me fun-racing another FW-05T last weekend.. His was faster cuz he had some sort of tuning header on it. Besides that I just have the HD chassis, otherwise the cars are identical...

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...shoRace409.flv

Was pretty fun..(pardon the goofy music - was in a goofy mood...)
Old 05-23-2007, 10:47 AM
charlieboy

Your buddy seem to be running circles around you, are you sure it was only a hearder upgrade??
Ha ha ha, here are some photos of my FW-05 T Plus, i took it to the track a few days ago, ran excellent with foam tires. I beat one guy who
had a V1-RRR but he's a neebie with alot of $$$ to spend. All in all i think this car is a better chocie for a beginner, good price and decent performance.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13183.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	690034   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34211.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	690035   Click image for larger version

Name:	Io29020.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	690036   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ha79044.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	690037  
Old 05-23-2007, 08:58 PM
D-Nicest

Here are some pics of my RRR

Old 05-24-2007, 05:29 PM
ehroof

i used an hpi body, its pretty durable, just had kissed the walls a few times on the track. my lhs carries some parts but as usual nothing i need.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:19 PM
M-M-G

hello, im just asking this question just for my cousin since I just found a kyosho forum, he wants to the FW-05RR Chassis Kit (Sponge Tire spec.) from ebay, and he wants to know if this would be any good for bashing and racing at the same time, if its durable easy to break and all dat shizz, and if parts are easy to get and what not?
thanks

FW-05RR Chassis Kit (Sponge Tire spec.)
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/carsand...cars/31583.asp
Old 05-24-2007, 07:52 PM
D-Nicest

Being that it's a shaft driven you can bash with it, but it is a racing chassis. I'm not sure where in your area they carry Kyosho parts, but anywhere they you should be able to get parts easily for that car. Or just order a whole bunch from Kyosho themselves. If your a bad driver any car is easy to break, but to answer you qustion, the car is also durable. Shaft driven's are a little outdated at the track scene, but go with whichever you prefer.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:41 AM
Unique1

Calling all V one S owners...
Post some pics and tell me about your setup.
I am a proud owner and was wondering what the rest of the world is running...

Old 05-25-2007, 10:10 AM
charlieboy

Why not go ahead and post a couple photos of yours!!?!
Old 05-25-2007, 10:14 AM
charlieboy

Does anyone know what would be a good upgrade engine for the FW-05. I'm gonna also need engine mounts for the upgrade engine and i'm thinking of a size .12 to .18.........
Old 05-25-2007, 09:28 PM
ehroof

i like the os .18 cvrx, i have it in my tmaxx and my hpi rs4 4
Old 05-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Unique1

Okay charlieboy...
I'm running pretty much stock things in this pic, atm I am going through an engine conversion and will post pics when done.
Does anyone have side stiffeners on there car out there? I have seen them, I just don't know where they are mounted...
Well here is my car.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Unique1

And for you engine upgrade, maybe an OS .12 cv-r? or something similar. Keeps the weight down and the power reasonable [8D]
Old 06-09-2007, 12:03 AM
MrPenguin-

Hi I was wondering if some one could help me with a gearing problem on my FW05T+

Just bought a Kyosho FW05T+ a few weeks ago and for some reason after a drive my car for a a few minutes the first pinon and spur gear loose contact i.e. I loose first gear ? When this happens I have to unscrew the engine screws, reposition the engine/pinion gears then tighten the screws again. I don't thing the engine is getting loose as I put lock thread on there and the screws are still tight after the gears seperate..

Has this happened to anyone else before? and what can I do to stop it happening?
Old 06-09-2007, 07:13 AM
usernametaken

ORIGINAL: MrPenguin-

Hi I was wondering if some one could help me with a gearing problem on my FW05T+

Just bought a Kyosho FW05T+ a few weeks ago and for some reason after a drive my car for a a few minutes the first pinon and spur gear loose contact i.e. I loose first gear ? When this happens I have to unscrew the engine screws, reposition the engine/pinion gears then tighten the screws again. I don't thing the engine is getting loose as I put lock thread on there and the screws are still tight after the gears seperate..

Has this happened to anyone else before? and what can I do to stop it happening?
Only thing I can think of is even though you think its tight, you might have to much of a build up in your thread holes of old loctite etc and even though it feels tight, it might be just the screws binding. I would see if you can clean those holes out first, maybe get some new screws and try again. Also are your teeth wearing out on your transmission, if it keeps coming loose you might be close to stripping those gears.

Also if you have a good crash sometimes thats enough to move the motor and it still seems tight. What loctite are you using. I think I use the 222 if my memory is correct.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:21 PM
MrPenguin-

My LHS sold me some Tamiya Liquid Thread Lock TP-4? I dont think its a build up of loctite as I put it on for the first time about a week ago and when I drove my car yesterday for the first time since putting on the loctite, the first gears slipped out of place again?

As far as I can see my Transmission gears seem fine, and they are meshing fine when i re adjust my engine, however, the pinon gears are a little chipped, from pebbles
Old 06-09-2007, 10:24 PM
ehroof

anyone else have a problem with severe torque steer on the fw05t, i ran mine today and it was almost undriveable. alot of play in the front wheels too. will have to check it out tomorrow.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:56 PM
ehroof

hey thanks for all the help guys, but seriously, i just found that one of the front dogbones was missing, go figure. called 4 local shops and of course they dont have the part i need so they said bring in it and we will try to match it up. Thats when it hit me, i have some extras from my rs4 3 evo, it fits, same size, only have to shave down the little pins that stick out on the end of one side of the dogbone to fit in the axle holder on the wheel side.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:52 PM
usernametaken

ORIGINAL: ehroof

hey thanks for all the help guys, but seriously, i just found that one of the front dogbones was missing, go figure. called 4 local shops and of course they dont have the part i need so they said bring in it and we will try to match it up. Thats when it hit me, i have some extras from my rs4 3 evo, it fits, same size, only have to shave down the little pins that stick out on the end of one side of the dogbone to fit in the axle holder on the wheel side.
When I have lost dogbone/shaft my symptoms usually under braking car spins out easily. Glad you found the problem and a cheap fix. They are expensive but I have found since I went to universal swing shafts from kyosho, I have had lot less problems with broken dogbones. Usually front is the most problem, rears seem to be not much of an issue.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Team2slow

hi i have the FW-05T + , THIS is my first car in the nitro world and i was wondering if the FW-05T have any hop up parts to make it run faster/smoother/ grip better. and if its compatible w/ the 05RR? or the 05R?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.