Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

How did this happen?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Frank88888888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How did this happen?

Today i was runing my car when for the 5th time all ready its cut short because my backplate(were the pullstart is) gets disconected from the engine itself how does this happen and why i superglued(i didnt have threadlock) the screws that hold it in it last time and it still some how fell off again. Im thinking its because of the engines vibrations because i also lost the two engine mount screws(the ones that conect the engine to the mounts) and i also lost one of the screws that holds the engine mount to the chasis. Why might my engine be doing this? It wasnt overheating or anything out of the ordinary and the car ws runing fine.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:27 PM
ProRCRacer88

Default RE: How did this happen?

I think the treads where you screw the screws in... may have stripped and therefore, the screws have nothin to lock into and will keep coming back out. You might need to retap the holes or buy a new crankcase or somthing.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:00 AM
Andrew86

I've been having the same problem with my Kyosho FW05-T. For some reason the screws holding the engine in wobble loose, none have fallen out yet but it means the engine moves out of place and the gearbox disengages itself and just makes a hell of a lot of nasty noise. I also somehow lost one of two screws holding the pipe to the engine. It's only 6 months old and it was an RTR kit so i haven't done up and undone the screws enough for there to be threating issues. Would rubber washers help? I've been looking for a solution too. []
Old 08-03-2006, 07:27 AM
Frank88888888

Actually the thread on the screws are still there i tighten them and it get tighter, it doesnt just spin i ordered the backplate screws new though just incase it was the screws for some reason.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:18 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey frank before geting those backscrews u should have used thread lock (they sell it everywhere even the dollars stores) the reson super glue didnt work is 1) super glue melts like at 120 degrees so when u yanked the pullstart and let her ideal before hiting the street the glue was already melted off and 2) when it melts it expands so that probably helped in the pushing out of the screws if you already ordered the screws dont cancle the order its always good to have a few around but before running you car again bye for thread lock or teflon tape its works wonders!!!!!!! u can put it on everything that had metal to metal contact but NEVER use it when u are placeing a screw into some kinda plastice ull ruin it!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Frank88888888

Yea i ordered some threadlock too the reason i ordered the backplate screws is because it came with the other screws i needed(it was like a set)