Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

nitro 4tec 2.5

Old 08-31-2006, 09:32 PM
BXMaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro 4tec 2.5

Well i had my nitro 4tec for a couple of years i have rebult the engine like 2 weeks ago. i broke it in how traxxas says to and it worked fine. but now i can get the engine to start. i have tried tuning it changeing the glow plug checked the fuellines it still dont wanna start. i am really getting sick of it i have spent the rest of my money on the piston sleeve and 3 new glowplugs and a new gallon of gas i have no clue whats going on with this car i cant afford to spend any money on it im thinking if no one can help with this its time for me to quit rc for a while.[&o]
Old 08-31-2006, 11:04 PM
nitroracer82

Default RE: nitro 4tec 2.5

It won't start at all, or it will start for a second but as soon as you take the starter off or give it throttle it cuts out?
Old 09-01-2006, 12:05 AM
BXMaxx

it dont start at all
Old 09-01-2006, 12:09 AM
nitroracer82

I had a similar problem that turned out to be a blockage at the HSN. Worth a shot to take it out and blow it clean with wd-40.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:13 AM
Coxwaan

ive had the same sort of problem with a shuey fusion. turned out to be the carb settings were wayyyy off....
Old 09-01-2006, 02:26 PM
BXMaxx

i just tried again still no luck i put it back to factory and i flushed out the hsn and it dont wanna start i have o clue what to do with this thing
Old 09-01-2006, 03:09 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Strip the engine down, flush everything out (needles etc) and check the fuel tank pickup...

Also check the fuel, temp range of the plug, glow starter etc.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:50 AM
splcrazy

i feel for ya buddy im having the same problem but with a different brand of car it starts but wen i give it throttle it stalls then it wont start at all and it being a pull start jeezus christ my arm and elbo is killing me lol im going to strip the engine and clean it all out last time i cleaned the top of the piston and it went really good think ill polish the top of the piston with a dremel this time ill see how that goes
Old 09-03-2006, 03:37 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Most definitely, also change you fuel and pressure lines. Then refill the tank, prime, and attempt to restart.

Return your needles to factory setting.
Try to restart and while you are restarting, slightly pull the trigger on your radio to slightly open the carb a little more. Once the engine begins to fire, let off the trigger so your engine will idle and not run away.
If your engine is stoill stubborn, try to leal a little (i\one 8th turn your high needle in) and try to restart again.
Keep ding this until your engine ignites and idles without stalling. Then warm up and retune to its old performance.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:32 PM
BXMaxx

alright thinks i found out what it was my carb was cracked i changed it to another one i had and it worked