Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

mugen seiki mtx3

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 10:45 AM
sea1107

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mugen seiki mtx3

i can get this car new mugen seiki mtx kit for $260.00 from the local hobby store. I am novice to gas. I was wonder if this is a good deal first and would this car be good one to learn the ropes? the kit does not come with motor. Our would it be best to buy hpi or assc.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:45 PM
CDEAMER

Default RE: mugen seiki mtx3

THis is a great car to start with i have one for sale if your interested.It has a Mugen .12 engine check my add.
If you are looking to race i wouldnt buy a HPI maybe a FT TC3 or a Serpent
Old 09-09-2006, 12:34 PM
swerv512

the mtx3 is a great car now at a great price since the mtx4 came out. however, this is really not a beginner's car. this is a world champion caliber machine, not for the faint of heart. while it would bash as well as the rest of them, maintenance will costs more and be required much more frequently. gravel and parking lots will chew up the belts and pulleys in this car. that being said, it's a great car to learn how to set-up suspension with. every adjustment will be felt. my first touring car was an OFNA LD3 and i loved the shaft drive- so easy to maintain. unless you are only going to take the mtx3 to your local groomed track, i wouldnt suggest any belt drive car. there are plenty of NTC3s and LD3s and CD3s and FW05s out there. do your homework and see what you really plan to do with your car before you go out and buy one.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:45 AM
dbow
My Feedback: (1)

Swerv is right, the Mugen is a race breed car and has many tuning options that can be very very confusing to a beginner.

Now, I am not saying you should not get the car. If you think you can pick it up fairly quick or have someone that can help you with setup etc then grab it.
You may want to look at a set of setup tools as well for this car.

The big thing here is to read and understand what each part of the car does in terms of the tuning. It can make the difference in you spending hours among hours spinning the rear end around in circles trying to figure out whats going on. That can be very frustrating.

Swerv hit the nail on the head as well with the belts. Your local parking lot will not only eat your belts up but your pulleys as well. When I ran in parking lots we would sweep off the area before we ran on it and we did not have to many problems.

I think if you are a beginner you may be better off getting a more entry level car, again a lot of it depends on your capabilities and how much your willing to deal with to start out.

Did you think about the radio yet?

Dbow

Old 09-10-2006, 09:44 AM
slideyourride90

well for a shaft compitition car get a fw-05rr sum people at my track have it and they say that it is a great car all around
Old 09-12-2006, 12:01 PM
WalawalaStore

Hi,

The Mugen MTX-3 is a high performance nitro touring with high quality steel and composite parts. It is not too old for racing.

Thx

Joaquim
Old 09-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Saboteur10573

MTX3 is great, but the 4 overall is way better. Soon access to the 3 parts will be a lot less. HPI offers the R40 Hara for competition. I run the original R40 though, but newer cars don't scare me. It all comes down to setup and drivers skill. A new fancy car kit won't help you without you having knownledge of a setup for the track and skills to maneuever the car. I'd go with the MTX4 or something newer. The Associated FT is pretty decent, but IMO the Mugen, kyosho, Serpent and HPI are stronger. The Kyosho FW05RR is the better shaft car anyway.