Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Wheel HELP!!!!

Old 09-28-2006, 09:11 PM
RLMHPI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel HELP!!!!

I was thinking of purchasing these wheels i own a rs4 2 with a .18 cvr in it and i was looking for some better traction. I run in parking lots and I dont really race i just wanted to know if anybody knew anything about this brand of wheels or had any advice on which wheels to buy???
http://cgi.ebay.ca/GQ-Foam-Tires-1-1...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 09-28-2006, 09:26 PM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wheel HELP!!!!

45 shores will work good for street bashing
Old 09-28-2006, 10:21 PM
GYNAIKAS

Have you upgraded your dogbone axles or your cups? I purchased kyosho's semi slick tures with not flat alignment...they produce hight traction and i concider it as the most power tyre for rain conditions (feels like you play on dry surface). I have doubts about putting on foam tyres since i have the stock axles and cups (i own an RS4 18ss). Simply i dont risk it...
Old 09-29-2006, 12:16 AM
WalawalaStore

Hi,

He is using OS .18 engine and I am afraid rubber tires cannot hold the speed well. I have seen these GQ tires but never tried. Other alternatives would be JACO and GRP, GRP are more ideal for belt driven chassis. I guess they are more or less the same price. If you move to foams, you will need a tire truer also. Profile of tires can adjust traction and stability.

Regards

Joaquim
Old 09-29-2006, 04:40 PM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gynaikas...put the fricken tires on, you are OK, i am running a more torquey engine than your 18ss, and im running foams, i havent managed to snap a single driveline part yet, and yes, i have tried and tried so i would have a reason to buy something else

and you dont necessarily need a tire truer, fi you race, get one, fi you just bash, make sure camber doesnt eat up one side more thant he other, and you are ok
Old 09-29-2006, 04:54 PM
RLMHPI

I agree with appollo i dont race so who needs a truer my rear axles are upgraded one piece and my front cups are upgraded basically my whole car is upgraded except for my upper deck its still plastic. I think i am going to try foams the only thing i hate are the foam rims are UGLY the only ones that dont make me want to vomit are the orange wheels i was looking at but they still are not that nice!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 05:06 PM
supermoto552

ORIGINAL: RLMHPI

I agree with appollo i dont race so who needs a truer my rear axles are upgraded one piece and my front cups are upgraded basically my whole car is upgraded except for my upper deck its still plastic. I think i am going to try foams the only thing i hate are the foam rims are UGLY the only ones that dont make me want to vomit are the orange wheels i was looking at but they still are not that nice!!!

Good point my man...I was thinkin exactly the same, why are all foams on crap rims...I've got the orange BBS style too and the fluro green enneti one...tire manufacturers need to get their fingers out of their asses n get designin a few more styles, its just boring all these white dish rims or white spoke. Then again...they only get eaten up on the track anyway.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:18 PM
RLMHPI

I guess if we want traction we have to suffer with the ugly rims its like an ugly girl that is good at everything other then being good looking!!! Is it worth it i dont know i will update you if i try those wheels!!! lol
Old 09-30-2006, 05:10 AM
supermoto552

ORIGINAL: RLMHPI

I guess if we want traction we have to suffer with the ugly rims its like an ugly girl that is good at everything other then being good looking!!! Is it worth it i dont know i will update you if i try those wheels!!! lol
LMAO!!!
Old 09-30-2006, 06:32 AM
crazy nick
My Feedback: (29)

That is actually a real good price for foams. I race w/ foams and I spend more$$ on them then I do nitro. You'll love how much better your car will handle w/ them. 45 shore is a bood all around bashing shore also. Usually I pay around $20 a pair so yes that is cheap. I kind of wish I ran 45s , I would buy $200 wirth next week. And don't worry about the ugly wheels , its not like we take them to car shows on the weekends. :>)