Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

In need of opinions!!!

Old 09-29-2006, 11:12 PM
RLMHPI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of opinions!!!

I have owned a rs42 with a o.s .18cvr in it for awhile now and I just picked up a rs4 3 evo complete off of a buddy of mine for cheap i was going to clean up the evo tune it get it running tip top and sell it and make me some money but now that I have taken the whole car apart and cleaned it we have became one (lol) i am very tempted to take my .18 cvr out of the rs4 2 and put it in the evo and sell my rs4 2 which model do you people think is best???????
Old 09-30-2006, 12:25 AM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: In need of opinions!!!

definately go with the rs4 3, more aftermarket parts for it, better parts support, and so on
Old 10-01-2006, 02:34 PM
RLMHPI

Thanks for the advice there are so many users on this site and i have only one persons opinion!!! Thanks again apollo
Old 10-01-2006, 05:51 PM
felipe 1

I agree with apollo ! the rs4 3 is better than 2 !
Old 10-01-2006, 08:12 PM
RLMHPI

i was told when the rs4 3 first came out to stick with my rs4 2 people said belt driven is better but i think shaft is better even though it weighs more there must be a lot of power loss through all those belts (3) and wheels that they run on i have belt tensioners on all my belts but who knows if at full throuttle they are jumping a couple of teeth and i hate getting rocks stuck in the belts and the belts snaping. The radio equipment is also much neater and hidden in the rs4 3 and it can be removed very easily for cleaning i put my .18 cvr in the rs4 3 today and i couldnt believe how much easier to pull the engine out of the 3 then the 2 i am runing the vantage carbon pipe and the car is a rocket i just need some foams for some more traction. I have decided to keep the rs4 3 and put the t15 in my rs4 2 and sell it on ebay or something I just hope i can get decent money for it!!!
Old 10-01-2006, 09:01 PM
silent_echo

apollos got it, the rs4 3 is the way to go, ive had my 12 ss forever and not one single problem that hasnt been caused by my own ingenious stupiity
Old 12-24-2006, 02:14 PM
RLMHPI

Just an update I put my .18 cvr with the vantage carbon pipe in my evo and it rocks there is total power to the ground with the rs4 2 i never knew if the belts were jumping under full throttle and there is no more rocks stuck in the belts and belts breaking i put the t 15 in the rs4 2 with a pull starter i want to sell it but its hard to let go of it being my first rc car i was curious what i could get for it on e bay it has the t 15 engine/ rd logics header and tuned pipe/ gpm adjustable camber links and aluminum steering assembly/ topcad silver 7075 chassis/ cvd's in the rear/ fiber disk brake/ futaba servos/ 2 speed tranny and some more minor things !!!!
Old 12-24-2006, 03:46 PM
snowbl!nd

Maybe you'd get a few more responses if you used punctuation. It's difficult to read what you're trying to say
Old 12-24-2006, 04:19 PM
RLMHPI

Your the first person to complain about my punctuation and i was not asking for more posts smart guy i was just giving the people that posted responses in the past an update on my rc car situation. Some people in these forums can barely speak english let alone write it and everybody seems to understand what i write just fine so if you dont understand move on did you understand that or should i dumb it down for you!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2006, 04:29 PM
snowbl!nd

Jeez calm down - it was just a friendly suggestion.

You'll find more people will respond if they can make out what you've written and not have to re-read the thing a few times - i was only trying to help you get more responses, not trying to be a "smart guy" as you put it.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:44 PM
RLMHPI

Sorry for being snapy i thought you were being a smart @$$ its all good I will take your advice and put a little more punctuation in my vocabulary!!!
Old 12-24-2006, 06:24 PM
bennyblanco

i can understand you with no problem dude!!!
Old 12-24-2006, 06:31 PM
RLMHPI

Ya I dunno what the problem is maybe they write different in the UK?????? LOL