Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Mugen X12 piston and liner

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 02:17 PM
nosram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mugen X12 piston and liner

I have a Mugen X12 which has served me well. It is a Nova Rossi based motor, which is in need of a new piston and liner.
Can someone tell me what to get please. I have different stories of NS12 S3 Race, NSR etc etc.
I just want to ensure that I buy the correct one, Mugen has long dropped the X12, I am told.
Thanks, Nick
Old 12-25-2006, 04:24 PM
MRX4-R03

Default RE: Mugen X12 piston and liner

YOU CAN USE THE NSR OR NS 12S3 THE NSR JUST KEEPS BETTER COMPRESSION AT HIGHER HEAT TEMPS . MAINLY A NEWER VERSION THE NS IS CNC AND THE NSR IS MICROCASTED I WOULD GO WITH THE NSR..
OR YOU CAN SPEN 15.00 BUCKS AND SEND IT TOO OSROCKET TO HAVE IT PINCHED,, I HAVE SENT MANY P/S TOO HIM AND HAVE HAD GREAT RESULTS JUST CHANGE THE ROD. HERE IS THE LINK www.osrocketracing.com
IF YOU NEED IT MODDED EMAIL ME AT [email protected] I DO ALOT OF MODDED NOVAS, WITH GREAT RESULTS , JUST DONT LIKE MODDING ENGINES WITH LOTS OF FUEL THREW THEM
Old 12-25-2006, 05:31 PM
nosram

Thank you MRX4-R03,
I actually sent the piston and liner to RayAracing. I will surely keep you in mind for modifying any future motors. In the search for a replacement motor, or piston and liner I actually purchased 2 Mugen X12s which had been modified by Carl McNalley.
Haven't tried them as yet. I got the piston and liners back from Ray Aracing yesterday, so haven't tried them as yet.
Thanks, Nick Marson
PS your email address sounds like you are the Collari importer from San Antonio?
Old 12-25-2006, 07:03 PM
MRX4-R03

RAY ALSO DOES GREAT WORK YOU WILL NOT BE UNHAPPY, NO I AM NOT THE COLLARI IMPORTER JUST RUN NOTHING BUT NOVAS, EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS