Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

GOING FOR 100MPH OR DIE TRYING.......More Pics Added!!!

Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

GOING FOR 100MPH OR DIE TRYING.......More Pics Added!!!

Old 06-08-2007, 04:46 PM
ByronRC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GOING FOR 100MPH OR DIE TRYING.......

WHOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Super Nitro RS4 is finally here!!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Scavolini

Congrats on going all out!
I just bought super Nitro wheels for my Racer 2.
Did you get that RTR Super Nitro kit from that site?
Old 06-08-2007, 05:35 PM
ByronRC

I ended up getting it off ebay with 2 engines and radio. The seller only ran it a couple of times. So it's practically new
Old 06-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Scavolini

that was smart.
You can get a good run going if a guy is selling all his parts w/ it too!
Gears, belts, whalla!
Old 06-08-2007, 05:48 PM
ByronRC

He didn't sell all his parts, just the extra engine and radio. I wanna turn it into a speed demon. So I guess I'm now in the search for parts and an expensive engine[:@] ouch this will hurt my wallet On the plus side the car is very clean and practically new.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:48 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just passing threw to bump the thread up a little bit................can u belive that STILL i haven bein able to break in this dam motor..........everyday its bein almost a hurricane outside i havent bein able to even run any cars in about 2 weeks............im about to cut my wrist's..........
Old 06-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Scavolini

For times like that I like my Losi Micro T & kysho mini-z electric palm car. You can even buy your own pro track. Formula 1's, trucks, ferraris, AWD....$130 RTR... It's not my favorite car at all, Gas is King, but it takes strain off running my engines all the time & helps when I can't get outside with my gear or it's too late for the neighbors or too dark to run on the street.

I agree though, when you break in a motor....you gotta wait for that perfect day with no interuptions.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:48 AM
MiamizFinest

im actualyl this close to buying one..........my LHS shop has a mini z track in it and they do big races and its actually alot of fun...... im probably going to end up with a RWD mid mount since so far its bein my favorite one to drive.........i really didnt like driveing the 4WD or the F1's....... how much does a track sell for?
Old 06-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Scavolini

Is there a reason you like the MR02 (2WD mid motor) mount more than the 4WD?
The 4WD i've asked around has better handling and just as fast. The 2WD is more challenging I can think...

I think the oval track is like $100 (then goes up)
Radio Shack online sells the XMODS' similar track for like $76. Don't buy an Xmod, the turning radius is garbage that's why it has reverse (lol). I saw it on Youtube.
I'd go with the Kyosho though so you can keep adding tiles if you want...

http://www.reflexracing.net/rr01.asp
I read this article online for the Mini Z. For 2WD...the MR02 chassis & the F1 chassis are the fastest. MR02 stock "feels" faster than F1 stock but both get very close lap times. But with the right tires, the F1 is the best 2WD mini-z because it has the lowest Center of Gravity.

I just drove my F1 for the 1st time last night w/ used batteries.
I want grip tires & faster motor, because stock on hardwood, my Micro T is quicker than the Mini z & that's just backwards for me. (can't have that!).
Old 06-14-2007, 05:05 PM
ByronRC

MiamizFinest, Ahh any chance you can let the cat out of the bag on the gearing your using for your SNRS4 and a source. Or is this still Miami's little secret. Come on you can tell me. I won't tell. Cross my heart stick a needle in my eye and all that other stuff.[sm=47_47.gif][sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 06-14-2007, 07:02 PM
alias_neo

This is an interesting project, I know nothing of this class of cars but am merely curious and entertained by your endevour. I wish you the best of luck and hope you are able to prove wrong the pointless people whose existence is without purpose.

Again, whoever mentioned that world records can not be achieved by just any "John Doe" as you Americans love to put it () I will have you know that the whole point in world records is for the average person to effort in succeeding to accomplish something no person has done before. If this is what the OP is trying to do here then this is how it works.

Good luck and post some pictures please, i didn't see many as i skipped several pages due to being tired of reading BS, don't know if many have been posted yet for the aforementioned reason.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Scavolini

I recommend watching "The World's Fastest Indian" to anyone trying to understand the point of top speed in any RC or other motorsport.
He used an Indian Motorcycle, something that was never intended to do what it eventually did. 200mph unbroken record for a motorcycle under 1000cc.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:56 PM
xxpaRkerxx23

Default RE: GOING FOR 100MPH OR DIE TRYING.......More Pics Added!!!

I think danny haddon needs to stop sucking his own **** and realise that the cars not finsished and its already got one hell of an engine!!! i do agree make sure u make it with aluminium and 2 speed and ull be fine...

good luck miami

hyper7----------ts4n-----------------lightning pro
Old 06-20-2007, 12:02 AM
Fasterthanspeed

Its lookin good. keep up the good work.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Suprachrgd82

Default RE: GOING FOR 100MPH OR DIE TRYING.......More Pics Added!!!

One significant factor in acheiving your goal will be wind drag. I would strongly reccommend that you look into a Lola style body or the Toyota GT1. This will give you the downfoce you will need to keep it straight, and the aerodynamics you need for speed.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:43 AM
STR33T_RAC3R
Banned

I would say the last thing you want is a Lola shell.
It has a massive wing which is the opposite of what you would want if your looking for high speed.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:25 PM
Scavolini

Is that right?

All the guys with proof of 100mph use the Toyota GT-One body.

but which of the Lola style bodies fitting 200 MM is fastest:

-Serpent LOLA 200mm
-Serpent LOLETTA 200mm (screw on side wings)
-Serepent GTP 200mm
-Protoform 200mm LOLA
-Parma 200mm LOLA

Super Nitro Bodies:

-Toyota GT-One
-BMW V12 LMR
Old 06-22-2007, 02:25 PM
STR33T_RAC3R
Banned

I would say the answer to that is just no.

A wing is something you dont want. Take Nick case and his 134mph car. The shell was a plain touring car without a roof and some kind of fins to keep it going in a straight line. Then look at his unoffical 160mph car, it had a wing and took off like a plane literally.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Scavolini

Anybody else know which LOLA 200mm body has the best chances of higher speeds.
Lets leave out the 100mph part and focus on which will allow faster. This is for my XRAY NT1.

-Serpent LOLA 200mm
-Serepent GTP 200mm
-Protoform 200mm LOLA
-Parma 200mm LOLA
Old 06-22-2007, 09:39 PM
lilshank

Good luck brother. I'm done ordering parts from online stores however. I ordered a king headz cooling.18 cooling head and ended up with a Losi 8ight Front chassis brace.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:04 AM
MastaDizasta

Will a O.S. .18tz bolt right into this car? And what foam tires/rims are those on the rs4 MiamizFinest?
Old 08-20-2007, 03:36 AM
nitrohead5300

ORIGINAL: Scavolini

Anybody else know which LOLA 200mm body has the best chances of higher speeds.
Lets leave out the 100mph part and focus on which will allow faster. This is for my XRAY NT1.

-Serpent LOLA 200mm
-Serepent GTP 200mm
-Protoform 200mm LOLA
-Parma 200mm LOLA
..........The car bodies nic case used in the 2006 challenge one was a dirt oval bodies with side wings the other a custom neither one was a touring car bodies like street racer said. Scavolini you may be able to get the lola body to work by cuttting down the rear wing. Steve Pond had to cut his wing down on the Toyota body in his 100mph + run.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:13 PM
ferrarimk13

ORIGINAL: Got_to_100_now_die_hatin

No carbonfiber chassis on nitro cars. The heat from the engine has to go somewhere else besides the head and the chassis is where its going to go. Some of the cars are light enough already, so we run with a lot of room but there is the "runway" and then there is the "stopway". I need just as much room to get the car to speed as I need to get it to stop. I tried running and locking the break and the car gets sideways because of the tall skinny wheels, air get in the body, and now we have 4 wheel, onroad aircrafts. Estimating total distance, I think I run about a max of 500 feet.

Byron, You can come down and join in the fun. We actually run about 1/2 mile from the golden glades interchange, so its not hard to find. Let me know if you wanna come down and I'll give you directions. We only run on Sundays but Sundays seem to be the only day that we've been getting a break from the rain.
oh, i meant upper deck and such, carbon fiber as the chassis seems to be bad in crashes at those speeds, lol
Old 06-04-2008, 08:25 AM
hitechglobalgroup

Hey Jato.
I know this was posted awhile ago, but what wheels/ foams and what size are they. I want to fit them to my RS4 3.
Trying to represent the RS4 3's out here as well.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:57 AM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: hitechglobalgroup

Hey Jato.
I know this was posted awhile ago, but what wheels/ foams and what size are they. I want to fit them to my RS4 3.
Trying to represent the RS4 3's out here as well.

oye que bola, yo those wheels are custom's swing buy FIU tonight there is a guy named chamo that makes those wheels, ill be out there at 9 o clock in a white lincon LS if your intersted in going, the RS4 3 is a sweet car but the diffs have always bein a pain in the ass and always hold the car back alot, i think the most ive ever seen a rs4 3 run was 80 mph and that was after alot of cash was thrown at it

either way guys i never ran this super nitro, since i was able pick up everything on the car new in the box i feel bad in actually running the car i semi broke in the motor but it still has alot of pinch left in it and honestly i dont see myself useing the car any time soon, so ive left it pretty much as a shelf queen and i gotta say the car looks great on the shelf

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.