Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Locking the diffs for nitro car drifting

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Locking the diffs for nitro car drifting

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 07:46 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locking the diffs for nitro car drifting

Should you lock the front and rear diffs on a nitro if you want to drift with it? Is it necassary and if so what is the best thing to use to lock the diffs? I've heard selveral things in other forums from Silly puddy to playdough, I'm wondering what you one road guys would suggest.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:42 AM
Spetz

Default RE: Locking the diffs for nitro car drifting

I think there's a drifting forum on here which guys will probably be able to help you more, however, from my understanding you lock the rear one (as you want to spin the rear out) and things like bluetac, silly puddy as you mentioned etc would all work

Realistically, anything that you stop the spindles from moving + you would be able to remove if you wanted to
Old 05-06-2008, 09:38 AM
GYNAIKAS

Default RE: Locking the diffs for nitro car drifting

Locking the front diff and leaving the rear one soft prevents oversteer. So if you want to create oversteer do the oposite. make the front one working (but still keep it stiff enough) and block the rear one.