RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Diff silicone oil

Old 07-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Spetz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diff silicone oil

Guys,
I just put 50,000 silicone diff oil in my diff
I was originally planning on using this in the rear, and putting an even heavier one in the front
However, now that I built the diff, it seems pretty tight and I think it might be overkill for the rear

My questions are:
1. Will it loosen up quickly (ie, is it only tight right now but will be loose within a couple of minutes?)
2. Can I mix 1 part 50,000 oil with 1 part 50 weight shock oil (silicone as well) to make roughly 25,000 oil?

Thanks for the help
Old 07-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Cypriot Boy

Default RE: Diff silicone oil

yes you can mix them up. also diff and suspention oils need some time to break-in to there original weight. and as far as i know the thicker the oil the more time it will take to it to loosen up and also changing it will not be so systematicly
Old 07-13-2008, 04:21 PM
CBM Racing

Just use the built one for the front, and use 10,000 in the rear. It feels tight right now, but when assembled with wheels on it won't feel so tight. It will loosen up a little bit after using it awhile, but not a whole lot. Usually when you notice that it feels looser it means your fluid has leaked out[:-].
Old 07-14-2008, 01:47 AM
Spetz

Thanks guys
It's just that considering that the 50K oil was still liquid, I didn't expect it to be so tight and was originally planning on using it on the rear