Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Thanks Brent!!!

Old 08-10-2008, 05:03 PM
nitrohead5300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks Brent!!!

Thanks Brent it is because of your project stuffing a modified .21 in your Nitro TC-3 and you videos that motivated me to put a .28 in my TC-3 . I call it my NITROSTEIN .28 the performance of this car is unbelevable !! The LRP.28 motor has alot of topend it just wants to climb and climb. I think the Nitrostein .28 is the ultimate parking lot basher!! It handle better than both my fusions turns and stops on a dime and I have not been able to top it out yet!! I need to find me a good aero body and then figure out how to video this beast. Thanks Brent how is your Walberg drag racing project going??
Old 08-10-2008, 08:11 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thanks Brent!!!

Dam........big motor in a litle car................LOL..........i have a few of those
Old 08-10-2008, 08:23 PM
nitrohead5300

Miamiz I didnt think it could be done until I saw what he had did to his Nitro tc-3. I can't believe how well my TC-3 handles with a big block in it!! It is a very balance well handling car, it handles better than my Fusions Big Blocks. Only negative that .28 drinks fuel!!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Brent Davis

Wow! Well I am glad to be of an inspiration but I too got the thoughts and ideas from others here as well. I've only been doing nitro RC stuff for 1 year and have made LEAPS at it so far. My Ofna CD3 should be even faster here soon as I've made some chassis adjustments as far as weight goes and other performance items to the motor. The NTC3 was my first choice to build up with a big block because it is a cheap car in pricewise but not too cheap that it will not handle a bigger motor. The only drawback is the stock plastic diffs but that is remedied with using a complete Ofna LD3 diff case and trans center shaft.

The Walbern Pro-Mod car is going to be NASTY once I am finished with it too.

You got anymore photos or videos of you car nitrohead?

Miami, what are you up to? Any new projects or 200 MPH runs yet........LOL?
Old 08-11-2008, 10:58 AM
nitrohead5300

Right now I am trying to figure out how to take a movie of my car and post it here on this website. What did you do to your CD-3?? Did you remove some extra ounces from it??
Old 08-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Brent Davis

Well since there's no aftermarket lightened chassis for the CD3, I borrowed a friends unused Ferrioni(spelling) chassis and kinda went off of how they had the extra material cut from the chassis. The car went from 3.5 lbs. to 2.8 after that plus I can use a 1 oz. fuel tank and much smaller batteries for the reciever. I am right at about 3 lbs. rady to run and I use a new boat pipe that was a good bit less weight than the 086 pipe was.

Host your vids from youtube.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:53 PM
pollapellos

post some pictures for us
Old 08-11-2008, 08:58 PM
nitrohead5300

2.8 pounds huh Brent ?? You shave off quite a bit of weight. Have you tested out your pipe yet?? My boat pipe did not work seem like it was holding the motor back. Brent does it cost anything to host your video from youtube??
Old 08-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Brent Davis

no cost to host on youtube at all, just join and host away.

The boat pipe works GREAT. Loud and proud is what it is and makes more power definately over a tuned pipe. The only drawback is that the outlet is up front but it aint that bad. Gotta get some more vids with the new power and lightened.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:18 PM
nitrohead5300

Thanks for the info Brent this is all new to me , putting movies on you tube.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:50 AM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: Brent Davis

Wow! Well I am glad to be of an inspiration but I too got the thoughts and ideas from others here as well. I've only been doing nitro RC stuff for 1 year and have made LEAPS at it so far. My Ofna CD3 should be even faster here soon as I've made some chassis adjustments as far as weight goes and other performance items to the motor. The NTC3 was my first choice to build up with a big block because it is a cheap car in pricewise but not too cheap that it will not handle a bigger motor. The only drawback is the stock plastic diffs but that is remedied with using a complete Ofna LD3 diff case and trans center shaft.

The Walbern Pro-Mod car is going to be NASTY once I am finished with it too.

You got anymore photos or videos of you car nitrohead?

Miami, what are you up to? Any new projects or 200 MPH runs yet........LOL?

Naw man in fact ive kinda given nitro a break since ive gotten a little bored doing the same thing again and again, i started moveing toward 5th scale and if everything goes according to plan i be geting 60-70 MPH with my hpi baja by this wensday, that and im in the prosses of geting my first gasser boat too............im keeping all the nitros but im jsut giveing them a rest for a while

Plus i dont have any new nitro car's to play with and there is nothing new on the market that sparks my intestest

Old 08-12-2008, 07:48 AM
nitrohead5300

Miamiz why don't you design your own kinda car from the ground up?? Your Baja really looks nice.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:27 AM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

Miamiz why don't you design your own kinda car from the ground up?? Your Baja really looks nice.

i have a few idea's but i dont have the hook ups with the right machine shops to ever get anything off the ground so there isnt much i can do the only thing custom im thinking about is seting up a dual picco 28 P3 truggy useing the kyosho ST..........i actually have everything i would need in my house and wouldnt have to spend a penny on it since i have the motor,pipes,clutches...ect but im still thinking about it and ofcourse i would have it geared to the moon for a sick top end but im still in the thinking stage
Old 08-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Brent Davis

well I have a new Pro-Mod/Funny car Walbern chassis that will house my .21 Kangaroo, .21 RB Xenon R and a new .28 Picco P3 ALL ported by none other than Rick Brake of RBmods.net I will test all of these engines to see which one will give me the best performance with different gearsets as well. There's a local guy with a RBmods.net .21 RB C-5 that ran 1.65 in 132' @88 MPH so I know that the Kangaroo and Xenon are better motors than the older C-5. I hope to be able to go out and make some serious hits as soon as all my parts get in to finish putting the car back together.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:06 PM
MiamizFinest

Brent that thing looks sick i wish i had real drag racing in my area id be the first guy there!!!!

brent u know i gott agree about RB doing the best mods but im be very honestly with you that RB modded C5 even tho its a OLDER motor that thing is still scary fast, i rember them back in the day and even by todays standard that motor will still rip especialy if its the long stroke version, brent my suggestion would be start with the picco 28 P3 and gear to the MOON!!!!!
Old 08-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Brent Davis

Yeah Rick is getting the P3 ported and ready for me but since I already have the Xenon and Kangaroo in my hands, I can bolt them on. The absolute fastest pass in 132' run is 1.474 seconds @94 MPH but with the BADASS electrics out there, their record of 1.28 seconds and 100+ MPH is one to dream of catching with a nitro motor BUT from what I have seen at the local drag track here, you can't stage a nitro engine up to dump the clutch so that you can already be in the powerband and torque range whereas the electrics have instant power/torque.

Well, the fastest pass that has been stated for a RBmods motor was a Xenon R in a top fuel dragster running 1.52 seconds. I have no data at all for a C-5 but have heard the same things that you mentioned about them. The one thing that I do know for sure is that the C-5 makes less torque than a Xenon R. Rick is currently making some neat new parts and the dual plug head is one thing that I want to try out. With twin plugs, the chance of burning more nitro is there to make more power.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:14 AM
nitrohead5300

Your car is looking great Brent!! Maybe you should do some expermenting with a Centax clutch they are suppose to be adjustable Brent maybe you could develope a Centax clutch especially suited for drag racing applications. Man those are some really wicked speeds for just 132feet!!
Old 08-17-2008, 05:40 AM
Brent Davis

yeah I am going back to my Mugen Centax style clutch since I see everyone using those and they are lighter. The things that I have thought ofhave already been thought of and never finalized. One guy did get great results using rubber clutch shoes that he made though. These cars come in at about 2.5 lbs. with the body on so I can see how they get that fast in 132'.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:15 PM
nitrohead5300

Well I wish you the best of luck with your new racing endeavor!! Yeah , 2.5 pounds and mega-horsepower!!
Old 08-23-2008, 10:32 AM
bancedog

maimi we can start drag racing down here. here is some pics of my rail[:-]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20664.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1017366   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54705.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1017367   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze87356.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1017368  
Old 08-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Brent Davis

nice dragster man. I've got a few more things to get done with mine and then the motor goes on and fire in da hole. I am looking for some serious ET's with my new power plants.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:31 AM
nitrohead5300

Nice looking Funny car Brent!! Along , time ago in a galaxy far , far away .... Just joking Brent !! But a really long time ago back when RC Cars was in its infancy I saw a guy give a demonstation of his car. What made this car unsual was it had a manual clutch and a 3 or 4 speed tranny , I don't remember. He used a 6 channel airplane radio so he had a seperate channel for the clutch and gearbox shifting. He would sit on the line rev that clutch up then drop it and that car would take off like a bat outta hell!! I was thinking maybe a setup like that would enable you tap into the powercurve of your motor may work better than a Centax clutch. The bad news is I don't remember this guys name or seen him since his demonstration.[]
Old 08-29-2008, 01:15 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: Brent Davis

well I have a new Pro-Mod/Funny car Walbern chassis that will house my .21 Kangaroo, .21 RB Xenon R and a new .28 Picco P3 ALL ported by none other than Rick Brake of RBmods.net I will test all of these engines to see which one will give me the best performance with different gearsets as well. There's a local guy with a RBmods.net .21 RB C-5 that ran 1.65 in 132' @88 MPH so I know that the Kangaroo and Xenon are better motors than the older C-5. I hope to be able to go out and make some serious hits as soon as all my parts get in to finish putting the car back together.

Okay I want in on this action !!!!! I got some nasty P3 28's that I would kill to run against some of the RB modded motors.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svbaqFOW_5Q Where do you live Brett ? as in what city do they race these at ? and how much does one of these dragsters cost ? If possible I will put something together and try to come take your records home to Canada !!!!

By the way that is one sweet car you have there..I absolutely love it !!!!! I really really need to get myself one of those..
Old 08-29-2008, 01:38 PM
nitrohead5300

NitroJedi did you mod those motors?? Wow!!
Old 08-29-2008, 01:44 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

NitroJedi did you mod those motors?? Wow!!

yep thats me ! Thank you for the compliment !

I have a couple of modified JPX 28 that have no home...they were far to strong for our Truggies so Drag Racing seems the most logical direction for my engine work...Offroad racing has no need of motors this strong....but I am sure the drag racers would appreciate my engines characteristics...Plus it would be dam fun to come do some racing...!!!!!! win or lose I am always a competitor...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.