Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Help with GPM Gearmount on HPI RS4 3 EVO+

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Help with GPM Gearmount on HPI RS4 3 EVO+

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 10:21 PM
JonKBMW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with GPM Gearmount on HPI RS4 3 EVO+

Hey guys, I am trying to install this part:

Onto my HPI RS4 3 EVO+, and I am having trouble doing so because of the brake. Maybe I am missing something, but if you look close the brass colored inserts go through the two brake plates, with the brake disc between. However, it seems that the brake disc is either too tight, or I am doing something wrong because I cannot get the brake disc between the two plates without the brake being on full-time.

Can anyone help me?
Old 08-22-2008, 02:48 AM
GYNAIKAS

Default RE: Help with GPM Gearmount on HPI RS4 3 EVO+

Unfortunately I haven't seen or tried to install anything like that before. Anyway, try to loose the brake preload screws a bit so that the disc rolls free. Never tighten them completely, just leave some distance between the calipers.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:47 AM
JonKBMW

Thats the problem though - it doesn't seem like I can open the "brake caliper" screws enough to fit the disc between them very well
Old 08-23-2008, 06:57 AM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

You have a few options one you could go to your local hardware store and get some longer screws cost probibly 25 cents.You could shave about a 16th off of disk to make it work with what you got now.Or you could buy the fibre disc which is half as thick as the stock one.You could also say screw it who needs brakes
Old 08-23-2008, 09:20 AM
JonKBMW

ORIGINAL: 241 racing

You have a few options one you could go to your local hardware store and get some longer screws cost probibly 25 cents.You could shave about a 16th off of disk to make it work with what you got now.Or you could buy the fibre disc which is half as thick as the stock one.You could also say screw it who needs brakes
Actually I figured it out - longer screws wouldn't help. The screws are long enough, its the unthreaded sleeves that seemed short. BUT, I figured it out and will post a pic in a minute of how it went.