Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

World Champion!!!

Old 08-23-2008, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Champion!!!

Well we seem to have a new world champion!! His name is Daniele Ielasi, his kyosho car and picco engine, worked just fine in the 60 minute final. The runner ups are Chris Tosolini, and Martin Hudy. This world championship that lasted 10 days from the 7-17 august was sertenly enlighting about car and engine manufacturers. Please comment!!
Old 08-23-2008, 01:30 PM

Default RE: World Champion!!!

Would love to go and see one of these big events[]. Some day if I win the lottery. Congrats. to all who gave it there best! Any video links by chance to the finals?
Old 08-23-2008, 01:31 PM

Kyosho did it again...
Old 08-23-2008, 01:44 PM

no it wasnt kyosho it was the driver.... also his car had hopups from the xray car example the fuel tank!!
Old 08-23-2008, 05:44 PM

Oh you mean the 1:10 class...
Old 08-23-2008, 10:30 PM

Just did some reading up on it at red rc news. Sounded like a blast! Whats up with Tosolini's attitude? Blaming other people for not winning is lame I think. Would love to get a hands on look at there cars and set ups sometime. See what they actually have in there for parts and stuff. Just curious, ya know? I say no matter the standings, they all get my respect because these guys are the best of the best in the world, and to even be able to compete at that level is just plain incredible! That would be such a rush to just compete at that level of skill would be my ultimate rc dream come true. I see lots of kyosho and x-ray cars in there, so sponsored or not, these gotta be good cars. I mean, take 2 of the best drivers, give one a kyosho, and the other a "sport" racer like the tc3 or whatever and it becomes obvious then that equipment does matter. So there may be an answer to the infamous "whats the best car" threads always popping up here. My next big purchase is gonna be either kyosho or x-ray, jury is still out on that one for me.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:24 AM

well if you notice the final is full of kyoshos and xrays, and there is one team magic(yes!!), but there is no sign of a mugen or serpent!! the chances of team magic getting into that final were like non, because there were just 6 team magic cars, and the other brands had over 20 racer racing them!! also if you notice again there is just one novarossi engine in the final[X(], the most used engine was a novarossi and only one made it to the final!! On the other hand there were few piccos and the winner was running with one of them!!
Old 08-27-2008, 02:49 PM

i want to add something on what cypriot boy said...
did you ever wonder why only so few drive the team magic cars in the finals? i think what TM is missing is reliability which something vital if you want to make the most out of the race that will decide for the World Campion...

Xray NT1 is the best value car ever and this is certainly going to be my next kit....except if XRAY comes up with a newer one...[]
Old 08-27-2008, 03:39 PM

ORIGINAL: CBM Racing

Just did some reading up on it at red rc news. Sounded like a blast! Whats up with Tosolini's attitude? Blaming other people for not winning is lame I think. Would love to get a hands on look at there cars and set ups sometime. See what they actually have in there for parts and stuff. Just curious, ya know? I say no matter the standings, they all get my respect because these guys are the best of the best in the world, and to even be able to compete at that level is just plain incredible! That would be such a rush to just compete at that level of skill would be my ultimate rc dream come true. I see lots of kyosho and x-ray cars in there, so sponsored or not, these gotta be good cars. I mean, take 2 of the best drivers, give one a kyosho, and the other a "sport" racer like the tc3 or whatever and it becomes obvious then that equipment does matter. So there may be an answer to the infamous "whats the best car" threads always popping up here. My next big purchase is gonna be either kyosho or x-ray, jury is still out on that one for me.
The winners car and engine was off the shelf. Just the tank from an NT1
Old 08-28-2008, 03:48 AM

yes i have wondered why people dont get team magics, bad marketing.... the other brand(except xray) are not new to the race scene, xray cars are the best seller because the man that designed them designed other cars(720) and worked for this companies. Team Magic is a new brand and it will take long before people start to trust them. There is one man that swithed from xray to team magic[X(] that is just crazy!! but he did it because he wanted to own a different car than the other and help tm develope there car. tm drivers work with the team together( i my self have spoken to them and found a solution to my and many other tm racers problem) to solve any kind of problem....
and yes the xray is maybe one of the best platformes to work on just stock.i dont know any information about the kyosho but to win such an event it means something, but to me nothing as it is a copy of the xray....
Old 08-28-2008, 07:59 AM

Well once more the RRR showed who's the boss...or am I wrong?
Old 08-28-2008, 08:42 AM

Where were these races held?
Old 08-28-2008, 09:01 AM

Lisbon, Portugal.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:23 AM

Kyosho is still on top, but xray will soon be king! Anyone looking for a great car would be wise to pick either one. Maybe someday someone will come up with a more affordable car that is on par with these 2. Not a watered down version, but true competitor with quality materials and design that is available for a more realistic price. Lets face it, there is probably less than 50$ worth of materials (there cost) and most of the r+d is free input from racers. I'm probably way off on those guesses, but just saying there is no reason for them to be that expensive when they could knock off 200$ and sell a bajillion more units. Only reason I say all this is cause I want one so bad. If I took the money I spent on the rs4 3 evo and upgrade parts, and my hyper gpx4 with options, I could have had both cars by now[&:]. I am happy though with the gpx4, not a world champion car, but still a true racer. Better luck next year to all who will compete!
Old 08-31-2008, 07:48 PM

also being one of the worlds top engine modifyers (IDM) helped too...ever here of or see an IDM modified PICCO?..SICK!!!
http://www.teamxspower.com/Home/tabid/118/Default.aspx
Old 09-01-2008, 02:20 AM

haha no chance i am getting an idm, too expensive($640), and dont think that they are more powerfull than other brands...