Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

new in here!but help please

Old 08-24-2008, 06:10 PM
azkikr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new in here!but help please

I have two 10 scale nitro cars they both have alot of motor boost bottles 2 speed trans well let me start by telling you about 5 yrs i was injured and my love for regular cars was lets say questionable (unable to drive) well couple friends suggested gas remote control cars and boy ole boy man i loved it the after market mufflers large cylinder heads etc. i was hooked man started with traxxas ez start and ended up with ofna hyper 7 partial less motor and trans hahah i was sticking big blocks in em hahaha mam ole i love it well any way here we are 4 yrs later i am back to work and now driving regular car again thank god for that but i got 2 ofna hyper 7 with racing engines in em and all the goodies boost bottles I KNOW I KNOW OFNA HYPER 7 ARE OLD NEWS TODAY HAHA BUT THERE WERE THE **** 5 YRS AGO AND THERE LIKE NEW THE MOTORS ARENT EVEN BROKEN IN I GOT AS FAR As setting the shift points only even then the o.s. engines ate up 2 clutches and idled like it was grabbing and then stalling like i said there been barely broken in and yes i been puttin after run in em during the pasr 4 or 5 yrs but it just got me so aggrivated that i put them away they just didnt idle right and it kinda grabbed also ate up clutches now there big blocks with i believe regular 10 scale bell housing and clutch hey please help with some info maybe part numbers or tech help AND REMEMBER THIS WAS 5 YRS AGO I DID NOT THE RESOURCES YOU GUYS HAVE TODAY I ONLY HAD THE PASSION AND DRIVE TO BUILD GAS REMOTE CONTROL CARS SOOO TAKE IT EASY ON ME [] BUT EVER SO OFTEN I TAKE OUT OF STORAGE BOXES AND JUST STARE MAM OLE MAN THERE MEAN [:@][:@] ALSO I THINK THIS IS A GREAT FORUM GUYS IF NEEDED I CAN MORE INFO ON EXACT ENGINE SIZES AND ANY OTHER INF MAN I JUST GOT TO GET EM RIGHT [sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif] MY E MAIL ADDRESS [email protected]. i tried every thing tightening clutch spring looseing it adjusting mixtures to it to a couple hobby shops nothing guys custom hobby shop who i became cool with inspired me into the big block trans plants into ofna hyper 7 even was stumped hahahahaha you what it so long ago guys i remember when the slider type carbs just came out hahaha thank god cause those rotary ones always flooded out haha and now look at this you guys have freaking super chargers woowee glad to be back [sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif] sorry for going on and on guys but i am pumped
Old 08-25-2008, 02:36 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: new in here!but help please

lol, nice post... ok... one at a time...

First of all, do you REALLY mean a Hyper 7? Hyper series by OFNA is a 1/8th buggy, not a 1/10th on-roader...

If so, you'll be pleased to know that you bought wisely 5 years ago. The Hyper 7 is STILL a competitive 1/8th buggy. It takes big blocks
(.21cu-in and up) as standard, and a 1/8th off road style clutch bell. It is very unusual to see a rotary carb in a 1/8th buggy engine.

If they are in fact 1/10th on-road cars, you may have the model name incorrect, try to find out what it really is... There used to be a Hyper 10 nitro on-road, maybe it's that?

BUT, as a 1:1 car modifier, I bet you'd get more satisfaction from 1/5th scale gas cars. Burn regular gas, 40mins per tank runtime, very fast, very big, very cool. Here's a couple shots of mine, and you can see the off roaders in action in my video link in my sig... They are expensive to buy, but easy to run and maintain. The 2 cars below will become drifting partners. They are both MCD Rally cars, and unusually for a 1/5th car, they are 4wd. The Viper, quite obviously, will become a cop car, with light bar and everything. They do about 50mph, which is damn quick for a 25lb car!! They can be geared to go faster, but more speed equals more risk at this scale.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33029.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1018889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34858.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1018890   Click image for larger version

Name:	In27721.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	1018891   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xr47065.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1018892   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mx23425.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1018893   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eu22775.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1018894  
Old 08-25-2008, 04:39 AM
GYNAIKAS

COP CAR??? Traitor!!! LOL I love your cars! It's a pitty I couldn't come and find you in Athens to see them...[]
Old 08-25-2008, 05:02 AM
Foxy

lol, yeh man, I was feeling lazy that weekend as well, which didn't help! lol. Don't worry, we'll catch up sooner or later...
Old 08-25-2008, 08:00 AM
GYNAIKAS

I hope so too!
Old 08-25-2008, 10:08 AM
oneofakindtrini

foxy i wish i could find a 1/10 scale lancer evo body.. ur luck.. but anywayz nice cars..
Old 08-25-2008, 04:00 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Is tuning required for gas engines? n00b question but ya...
Old 08-25-2008, 06:25 PM
azkikr

NAH THERE HYPER 10 PARTIAL BUILD BUT I PUT OSMAX RX 15 IN ONE AND THE OTHER HAS OS MAX RZ THAT HAS INTERNAL BOOST BOTTLE THERE BIG BLOCKS WITH LARGE CYLINDER HEADS BUT THEY JUST DONT IDLE RIGHT THE CLUTCH GRABS HARD AND THEY SLIGHT JUMP AND STALL I TRIED FILEING CLUTCH ,TIGHTING SPRING , LOOSING CLUTCH SPRINGS BUT NOTHIN WORKS I THING THE BELL HOUSING ISNT RIGHT HEY IT SHIFTS RIGHT THO AND DRIVES GREAT GIVE ME SOME IDEAS
Old 08-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Foxy

I would start by replacing the entire clutch then (shoes, spring and clutch bell). By the way, the term 'big block' can only be used to describe an engine over .21ci. .18 and less are small blocks, no matter what's been done to them. In fact, there are a couple of high displacement engines (23s for example) that have been designed in a small block case for use in 1/10th cars. The RB 323 for example.

Your car would need serious modification to accept a real big block, the engine mounts are much larger.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:50 AM
azkikr

HEY I GIVE A SHOT FOXY THANKS FOR YOUR TIME HEY YOUR IN UK I AM USA MAN WHAT A DISTANCE HUH WELL ANY WAY YOU HAVE SOME NICE LOOKING CARS MAN AND THEY RUN GAS HUH WHERE CAN I SEE SOME AT ? AND FOXY OS RX 15 IS WAY SMALLER THEN THE OS RZ I HAVE AND THE RZ DID REQUIRE AND SPECIAL MOUNTS TO INSTALL IT AND THANKS FOR IDEAS ? ONE MORE THING NOW I HAVE A TOOL BOX FULL OF GLOW PLUGS AND ETC. AND ALSO PLENTY OF CLUTCHS AND SPRINGS NOW 5 YRS AGO THE CLUTCHES CAME IN 2 HALF MOONS WITH 3 HOLES ON OPPOSITE ENDS AND A SPRING THAT WRAPPED AROUND THE OUTSIDE DIAMETER OF CLUTCH TO RETAIN EM NOW I TRIED FILEING OPPOSITE END OF PIVET POINTS OF CLUTCHES AND TIGHTENING THE SPRING TENSION TO REDUCE THE CHANCES OF CLUTCH CONTACT AT IDLE BUT JUST WASTED ABOUT 3 SETS OF CLUTCHS HAHAHA IS THERE NEW TYPE OF CLUTCHES NOW ? AND I GOT ABOUT 2 MORE SETS OF CLUTCHES AND I AM PRETTY CONFIDENT THERE GOING TO DO SAME THING BUT IF YOU WANT ME TO GIVE IT SHOT AGAIN I WILL?HEY I AM OUT OF IDEAS HERE AND STUMPED BUT I SAY THIS THO WHEN I SLIGHTLY MODIFIED THE CLUTCHS IT LESSONED THE PROBLEM THO IS THERE NEW STYLE CLUTCHS AND BELL HOUSINGS THAT WILL WORK WITH THE 2 SPEED TRANS SEE I KINDA HATE TO KEEP BOTHERING YOU GUYS BUT THANKS FOR ANY IDEAS[sm=punching.gif][sm=drowning.gif][sm=angry_smile.gif]
Old 08-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Foxy

It's ok bud that's what the forums are here for. By the way, I am even further away than you think, I am English myself, but I live in Greece.

Personally, I don't know what aftermarket clutches fit the Hyper 10, try to get the same original clutch set again, just new. I think it's a problem with either the bell, shoes or springs.

About the big block thing... I'm only saying it cos you said .18 earlier on. The OS ..21 RZ is indeed a big block, because it's over .21ci. I was only trying to clarify the definition of big block.

To be totally honest with you, I wouldn't put any more money into those Hypers. There are better cars without 5 years worth of 'sitting problems' available brand new. You have a nice engine now, why don't you pick up a Nitro TC3 or an HPI RS4 and a big block conversion kit...

If you really want to see more gas cars, look at the vids in my signature link, and come over to the Giant Scale Forum, you can find it in the main forum page. It's a sickness. If you don't have a grand or more to spend on a car, no point frustrating yourself. My 4 gassers have about $10,000 in em! [X(]
Old 08-28-2008, 05:34 PM
azkikr

HEY I GIVE IT A SHOT WITH NEW CLUTCH THANKS MAN! AND I SAW YOUR RIDES MAN NICE VERY NICE AND AZKIKING BUD