Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

what are the differences between 4-Tec's?

Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

what are the differences between 4-Tec's?

Old 08-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Grubergieger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are the differences between 4-Tec's?

just like the title says, what are the differences between the older pro .15 model the 2.5 , and 3.3 model, besides the motors of course. are they geared differently, are parts interchangable? im looking to get one off fleabay but was wondering if i should avoid the older ones all together and look for something a little newer
Old 08-28-2008, 06:48 AM
olkleaf

Default RE: what are the differences between 4-Tec's?

just like you said all they change is the engine and the gearing. its the same car same chassis. im not really into the 4 tec so i don't how old the 4 tec model is and if they ever change the designing. but im pretty sure that the engine and the gearing if the only difference at lest for the 3.3 and 2.5
Old 08-28-2008, 11:16 AM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

They are the same car only difference is motor,gearing and better bevel gears on the 3.3 to handle the extra torque from the 3.3.The 4tec is a fast car but don't handle that great.If you wanna drag race it's fine but if you plan on running road course it's not the best.I would get a hpi rs4 or a associated tc3 before I ever wasted my time on a 4tec.If you want speed get a 4tec,if you want a fast and good handeling car go Rs4 or tc3 much better cars IMO.If you want used look on flea bay I see them go pretty cheap and there a great car with great support.Good luck in whatever you choose.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:29 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[link=http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/n4tec33/trx_n4tec33.htm]4-Tec 3.3[/link]

[link=http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/n4tec/trx_n4tec.htm]4-Tec 2.5[/link]

[link=http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/n4tecpro/trx_n4tecpro.htm]4-Tec .15 (le)[/link]
Old 08-28-2008, 11:41 AM
GYNAIKAS

The difference is that although none of them handles well the newer models have even more top speed and acceleration!!! So from crap handling -> more crap handling -> the most crap handling! Unless of course you take suspenssion and tire issue very seriously...and invest some money there just to handle like all the other cars at the same pricerange (not even close to some of them though!)
Old 08-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Grubergieger

what makes the 4-tec handle so bad? is it just a crappy suspention setup? i had heard that the rs4 was slow and never really looked into it, im not looking to race or run any courses, just parking lot runs. i have only ever driven one onroad nitro and it was a 4-tec and it was for about 5 seconds, so i really dont have anything to compare to really
Old 08-28-2008, 08:05 PM
GYNAIKAS

Rs4 is not slow at all. It has lower top speed than the 4-tec but its acceleration is massive...it has nothing to do with power but with gearing. Does this look slow to you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzNls...eature=related ??? 4-tec handles bad for many reasons...some of them are weight balance, suspenssion alignment, shocks, tires etc.