Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
 Crashed the CD3 today.............dang it! >

Crashed the CD3 today.............dang it!

Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Crashed the CD3 today.............dang it!

Old 08-28-2008, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crashed the CD3 today.............dang it!

Well man I had the CD3 out today and beat the living crap out of my friends .18TZ NTC3 which I figured it would BUT the car got outta control and just flew and flew and flew into the air and busted up. I will be placing a order for a brand new one tomorrow morning. Dog gone it I had this thing running FASTER than any nitro car I have ever had. I took lots and lots and lots of weight out of it by lightening the chassis, using just the head button only on the engine, drilled alot of holes in plastic pieces, used a litespeed boat pipe, use a AAA battery pack, cut the front wheels in half to make skinnies out of them and after all that, I shaved just over 1 lb. off the car and that made a HUGE difference in the way the car responded and handled. Oh well, at least I know what to do to the new CD3 and have a parts car on hand now.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:49 PM

Default RE: Crashed the CD3 today.............dang it!

That sucks! Was it a runaway or just lost it at high speed? I hate it when that happens, had a runaway with my gtp not long ago and already replaced it. Mine wasn't near that bad though, just bent chassis and radio plate, splintered servo, and shredded rear diff pinion and some popped screws. Same results though, new roller[:@]. At least now you will have more spare parts. Good luck on the rebuild!
Old 08-28-2008, 08:21 PM

Yeah it was probably at least 70+ MPH range and at 3/4 throttle when it hit a small bump of some sort. I bet this dang car woulda ran 100+ MPH with the way it was running today and the air was absolutely crisp and cool out today. I hate like crazy that I didn't have my video camera with me too. I also recieved two brand new Picco P3 motors modded by RBmods and also my Xenon R for my latest Nitro Pro-Mod car as well and when my friend showed up to just lets go and hang out up at the local community center where the road is flat and straight, I couldn't resist. I was totally PO'd because the car was an absolute animal with the latest changes plus new CB gears too. Oh well, I hate rebuilds so that is why I'll just buy another new CD3 and go to work. Thanks for the condolences.

"I'll be back"!
Old 08-28-2008, 08:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brent WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!!!

all of us have had one of those days man with one car or another my worst crash was this....

that was my old skool 80+MPH rc10gt, back in 2006 i set the fail safe in reverse and didnt notice my radio was low on power and well thats what happen!!!

anyways brent good luck on the rebuild, let me ask you how fast is the CD3 moveing??? im looking for another racer 2 type chassis something to break 100 MPH with becuase parts r almost imposible to get now adays, ive bein looking at the G4S what do you think??
Old 08-28-2008, 08:49 PM

miami, no rebuilding at all. I'm buying a brand new car and start from there. I HATE rebuilding. I did that once with my first NTC3 and it NEVER ran the same as it was brand new so rather than spend money on parts and it not be right, I'll just pay another $269 car and go from there.

I will tell you this, the CD3 man is a VERY good chassis to start with. I am totally surprised at how well my car ran. It was just a straight up blast and dammit, I am mad at myself because it really was running GREAT. I mean it has been the best running car that I have had so far. Even though I have a Pro-Mod racers now, I still have to keep a on-road car too.

I'm sorry but I can't comment on the new car you are looking at. I've never heard of them. Are they new or something?
Old 08-29-2008, 12:35 AM

Sorry about your car Brent!! I had a similar wreck with my Fusion when a gust of wind got under the chassis and caused a blow over. I hope you didnt hurt your motor. Were you running with a body on?? Any way good luck on your new build.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:37 AM

Brent the car im talking about is this

its the old rd logics mongoose/ team magic G4, sold by diffrent companies but the same car, u can get them in kit form for about 200 or less and they drive really good in the sedan class and for the money you cant go wrong ive seen alot of them running around here locally but none of them built for high speed like we like, ive yet to see one with a 21 in it and breaking serouse speed im prolly going to pick one up soon and see if it can do 100 MPH, but for top end speed ive always felt belt is the way to go over shaft

BTW there is alot of aftermarket K factory parts for this car man its pretty sweet there is one on ebay right now fow 169 bucks and 14 dollars shipping, I MUST RESIST TO HIT THE BUY IT NOW BUTTON I GOT TO MANY PROJECTS!!!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 12:56 PM

man that is a good deal but I LOVE using my Mugen wheel/tires and can't get away from them. With a side trans like that, I can't get the tires to fit though.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:07 PM

I believe that your .21 powered CD-3 would be uncontroliable without those 1/8 scale foam tires you have on your car.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

I believe that your .21 powered CD-3 would be uncontroliable without those 1/8 scale foam tires you have on your car.
No doubt it would be uncontrollable nitrohead. Man I am still mad because looking at the video of the car in the only youtube vid that I have of it is no comparison to how it was running just before it crashed. I wished that I had a video to show but oh well, the new car will be here next Wednesday and the new build will start off.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:34 PM

Brent what type of engine was in that Cd3?
Old 08-29-2008, 09:25 PM

ORIGINAL: trini4life

.21 Kangaroo Novarossi. It is ONE BAD motor man. The Kangaroo engines used to be discontinued but since they made so much fuss in their day, the engine is now reproduced again.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:59 AM

Miamifinest, that wasnt a wreck...that was torture!!
Old 08-30-2008, 05:05 AM

So you guys manage to keep the cars stable at 100mph??
That's amazing!
How do you drive them at such speeds?
Old 08-30-2008, 06:12 AM

Very Carefully!!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:14 AM

I assume you set them up so they understeer a lot?
My car probably doesn't reach 50mph and that's already fairly scary
Old 08-30-2008, 08:44 AM

spetz i heard that those cars use single bell steering and that removes anychance of understeer.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Brent Davis

.21 Kangaroo Novarossi. It is ONE BAD motor man. The Kangaroo engines used to be discontinued but since they made so much fuss in their day, the engine is now reproduced again.

dude you need to get a Picco P9R.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:27 AM

spetz i heard that those cars use single bell steering and that removes anychance of understeer.
I never heard of single bell steering but I meant that it would probably be preferable to have a car that understeers a lot for high speed runs? ie, so that it's easy to straighten it at speed without it being twitchy
Old 08-30-2008, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: supertib

TIB let me ask you because i have seen that picco P9R and its SICK, but is it the same thing as the turbo MEGA 21 DS2??? i have one of those mega's NIB in my house and i was jsut wondering if its the same at that PICCO P9R
Old 08-30-2008, 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: supertib

TIB let me ask you because i have seen that picco P9R and its SICK, but is it the same thing as the turbo MEGA 21 DS2??? i have one of those mega's NIB in my house and i was jsut wondering if its the same at that PICCO P9R

show me internal pics of the Mega and i can tell you
Old 08-30-2008, 01:16 PM

supertib, I've got access to a P9R too. It does run very well also but not enuff to justify me purchasing one since I already have the Xenon R and the Kangaroo motors.

How much for one of those JPX motors you got sitting around the house? I am ALWAYS looking for that extra power and edge and would test your motor up to one of my RB Picco's.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:04 PM

supertib, I've got access to a P9R too. It does run very well also but not enuff to justify me purchasing one since I already have the Xenon R and the Kangaroo motors.

How much for one of those JPX motors you got sitting around the house? I am ALWAYS looking for that extra power and edge and would test your motor up to one of my RB Picco's.

good point !!!! 2 high end onroad .21's is already a very good stable of engines....
Old 08-30-2008, 09:34 PM

Actually pretty easy to drive at higher speeds. My cars go noway near 100+, but they tend to stay really straight once you get some speed built up. My rs4 goes around 70ish and is very easy to drive at that speed, it's going slower where the twitchyness shows up. Brent, gonna do anything major differently on this one? Or go with the same setup and mods from the other and go from there? Hope it goes as well as the last one, but lasts longer.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:12 PM

CBM...what gearing and engine do you use on your RS4?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.