Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
 HELP I need help resetting servo's >

HELP I need help resetting servo's

Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

HELP I need help resetting servo's

Old 09-04-2008, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP I need help resetting servo's

Ok i have recently made a dumb mistake and took off my Arm/horn from my throttle servo and now my open starting and ending points are all screwed up. My carb only opens 3/4's the way and when I brake there is major load put onto my Carb arm/ball. Almost ripping it off. And my car races like crazy!! I have read the manual to the Jr XR2 remote and I didn't find anything. I feel like Im screwed on this one, because I have been trying a number of different positions and haven't came close besides where Im at.

Where am I at now?

With transmitter and receiver on and at idle position, the carb seems to be where it should be with out racing, not good at measuring, so i will guess.....1 mm(I havent ran it yet at this setting), BUT the carb only opens 3/4's the way at WOT position.

When at full braking position, it looks like it is putting to much load onto the arm of the carb but doesn't close the carb anymore than idle position.

Any direction on this would be beneficial to me, since I have been pulling my hair out for two days now HAHA
Old 09-04-2008, 07:41 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: HELP I need help resetting servo's

Just take the arm off and rotate it 1-2 notches more towards the throttle.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:12 PM

If im understanding your correctly, i have tried that....I spent all day trying to find the right position.....

SJ
Old 09-04-2008, 10:56 PM

What does the servo arm look like? Is it a T or a 3 or 4 arm? Regardless of that, how is your trim setting on your radio? I would assume you did all of this with the trim set at your zero point? It should be pretty straight forward as long as your trim is set right. I'm not sure why you are having such issues.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:42 AM

Yeah, get it as close as you can with trim set at zero, then adjust with trim from there. A simple trick is to advance trim just a bit, then remove and install arm and reset trim back to zero. This just makes it easier to install arm on srevo without fighting springs or servo saver. Also try different holes in arm. The farther away you attach the linkage the more movement you will get, but with weaker torque. Not hard to do and if you read the instructions with radio you can adjust endpoints(how far servo moves)so you can set it to move less for brakes, and more for throttle. You can do it! You can do it all night long!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 08:58 AM

Seems like I tried all that, I am taking it off today and putting on my other and seeing if that fixes it, if it does, then its deff my servo positions. Trial and error I guess, just getting annoyed at it haha.