Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Shumacher Fusion

Old 09-19-2008, 04:03 PM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shumacher Fusion

After being down for a couple months due to not having the cash to get a new belt since I have to many others that take my money.I finally got a belt and got it back together and took it for a joy ride today.I forgot how fast this thing is,it put a smile on my face for sure.My neighbors were watching and couldn't believe how fast it is,I only got it to 2nd gear since my street is to short and narrow to open it up.I'm in need of some good tires,I had new ones on but are already bald with the 2 tanks I ran.Anyone have some suggedtions on what I should get?I run mostly on somewhat dusty blacktop and need something with grip.Thanks in advance.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:20 AM
nitrohead5300

Default RE: Shumacher Fusion

I would find a better surface to run on then switch to foam tires if you are still running rubber.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:37 AM
241 racing

ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

I would find a better surface to run on then switch to foam tires if you are still running rubber.
I found a nice new black top lot thats big enough to open it up on and is super smooth.I'm still running rubber but have a box full of foams that I used to use back in my oval carpet days but need some kind of adapter for them to work.Is there any adapter that I can get to make these foams work?Thanks for the reply Nitro.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:41 PM
nitrohead5300

Check with Wolfgang at http://www.wolfpackradicals.com Click on questions send him an e-mail.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:55 PM
bucci

what kind of car the foams where on?
Old 09-20-2008, 05:27 PM
241 racing

ORIGINAL: bucci

what kind of car the foams where on?
Trinity switchblade and a trc both were ran on carpet in the winter and outdoor asphalt in summer.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:50 PM
nitrohead5300

Switchblade that is a 1/12 scale electric?? Get some Nitro-shoes 28mm & 30mm wide 40 shore and 35 shore . Put the 28mm wide 40 shore up front and the 30mm wide 35 shore on the back. Wolfgang makes 1/8 scale adapters so you can use the bigger 1/8 scale tires
Old 09-21-2008, 08:08 AM
241 racing

ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

Switchblade that is a 1/12 scale electric?? Get some Nitro-shoes 28mm & 30mm wide 40 shore and 35 shore . Put the 28mm wide 40 shore up front and the 30mm wide 35 shore on the back. Wolfgang makes 1/8 scale adapters so you can use the bigger 1/8 scale tires
I emailed Wolfgang about the adapters,Any sites where I can get these nitro shoes?my hobby shop don't carry shizzle.I ran 10th scale electric with 19 mod motors,I believe my car was a switchblade but it's been over 10 years so my mind might be a little fuzzy.I still have them but it died out years ago so now they just sit,to bad cause it was a blast.Thanks for the help guys.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:56 AM
CBM Racing

I used to run 1/10 oval and road as well. Sucks that it died, but the newer touring cars handle well in more adverse conditions than our old pancars would, so we adapt. I ran some 1/10 pan tires on mine for a test, was good. I used a set of old plastic pancar hubs, cut the length down, made bushings to fit them to touring car axles and cut in a notch to fit over pin in axles. So now I just remove regular wheels, remove hexes, and bolt these right on. Not perfect, but works pretty darn good though. If you can find some old plastic pan car hubs, they are easy to make. Good luck!
Old 09-21-2008, 12:55 PM
241 racing

Well I took it out for another run today and something else is wrong with the thing[:@].I don't no what it is I'm to pissed at the moment to look at it to see what the problem is.I'm thinking about just giving up on this thing,everytime I turn around it's something else and loosing patience with it.Thanks for the replys.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:17 PM
[email protected]@yahoo.com

you can find a wide range of foam tires at ashford hobbies.com they will know what you are looking for. i run mugen front 35 shor on both ends of my gtr. works great. ( use the wolfpack adaptors) to mount tires. when tires go away from the pavement just toss them and put on a new set like i do for my serpent 1/8 scale.