Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Traxxas 4-tec

Old 05-26-2003, 11:15 PM
MateoDuGa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas 4-tec

I have a Traxxas 4-tec from about 3 years ago and have been fooling around with it a lot lately. There is nowhere around here to race, so I just race it up and down the road. It's hit a curb 2 times now, but the only thing that broke was 2 pieces. They were only $2.50 for each piece and both times, it was a friend that ran it into the curb. I want to get a radar gun to see how fast it's going. Anyone know where I could get a cheap one? Also what can I buy to make it go faster. I would say it's going 40+mph now, but I want it to go like the box says. It claims 50+mph and my friend says I could get it to go a lot quicker if I get the right parts. Can someone let me know what to get? I don't want to buy a new engine. Also is there something I could buy to make it steer any better? Whenever I hit anything like a crack or small stone, the car steers off which isn't good when I have it going fast (Reason it hit curb). The engine I have has had about 10 tanks of fuel run through it total. Any advice would be great.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:07 PM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: Traxxas 4-tec

MateoDuGa, As far as your steering problem I'd say get you a good high torque steering servo and replace the bushings in the steering bell cranks with bearings. As far as wanting to go faster first of all you can add a new engine if you want, add a tunned pipe or just play around with your gearing.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:48 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Traxxas 4-tec

A guy I know got a Bushnell RADAR gun on ebay for $200.00, it's brand new, but he didn't tell me who he got it from. Maybe do a search there. My 4-TEC does the same thing, darts all over the place. The steering is what it is, meaning not that great. I don't know if there is a bearing kit for it or not. I run in a big open area, and that's your best bet too. Find a big parking lot that's not used very much, and doesn't have a bunch of stones, or broken down paving...Think about it for a minute, you're going 40-50+ M.P.H. @ 1/10 scale and that = 400-500 scale M.P.H. down a narrow street! It's dangerous too, cuz if that sucker gets "launched" over that curb, and hits somebody, or YOU, it could really hurt! I (accidently, of course) hit myself in the foot once and it was a real pain to walk for quite some time...(and it was only going maybe 20 M.P.H. at the time) If you have the older TRX .15 w/ the blue head, then I'd say a new header/pipe would give a nice boost. I put a Dynamite set-up on mine, and it helped the over-all driveability, top end, and it sounds better too. The optional gearing is for quicker accelleration, less top end.