Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

OFNA Cd3 question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 11:51 AM
jikkuria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFNA Cd3 question.

i was wondering if a rear exhaust motor will fit with the header. i see that the motor will fit, but the space looks cramped. the cd3 is only 160 bucks, and im looking to get into on-road. from what i hear it's tough, and will handle some abuse on the drive train. i will probabaly get used to it with the force .12, but the jlr reddot looks nice.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Brent Davis

Default RE: OFNA Cd3 question.

any small block with rear exhaust will clear the car control arms and other parts, it is adding a .21 or larger engine where the problem comes in at so the JLR would be just a direct bolt in and go deal. And yes the CD3 drivetrain is excellent IMO as I have beat the crap outta one of my CD3's using a more powerful .21 and NOTHING has broken at all. Good luck with the car that costs $160 and is very well built IMO for the money and with the right engine in it, it will run circles around 4-tec's.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:09 PM
jikkuria

yea, i looked at the 4-tec, for about 5 minutes. i actually got turned on to the cd3 by you actually, seeing the one with the the kangaroo .21. i am an ofna fan, i've always had good luck with their stuff, at great prices.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Brent Davis

Thanks and I too am an OFNA fan. Their cars are built pretty darn good and for the price, you just can't beat it. They come with beefed up steel diffs and handle pretty good once set up properly. You'll like it and like I said, with a small block in the car, you can run the rear exhaust without cutting or modding anything to get it to fit. Good luck with it.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:00 PM
jikkuria

sweet, thanks for the info. it would be a bummer to buy a car and realize that your dream motor and car wont fit togeather, lol.