RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Help Identify my HPI RS4?

Old 08-01-2009, 01:55 PM
TX Baphomet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Identify my HPI RS4?

Greetings and salutations,

I was pretty much handed a a HPI car yesterday for the simple fact that the owner thought he wanted to get into the hobby yet after purchasing a car off craigslist and had problems after a couple weeks just gave it to me for a PS3 keyboard, how lucky I feel. My problem is I don't know what I have and need to work to her, so I am asking for your help community. I have searched this car up and down for a model number and cannot find anything anywhere. I am in the parts and repair business for a tool company so I rely heavily on model and part numbers, its all I know. Any infomation would be of the utmost obliged.

Here is what I know, It is some form of a HPI RS4, it has a Nitro Star .15FE engine, an RX-1 reciever box, a SX-1 servo...Other things I can note is that I have looked at all the breakdowns on HPI's website and I do know it is not an RS4 3, my engine is on the drivers side rear, not the passengers anlong w/ the fuel tank. It has a short belt running on the passengers side to some gears and another in the middle rear for the rear wheels and a really long belt running to the front wheels? Is it 4WD? Any help?

As you can tell, I have never drove or even looked at a Nitro car before so forgive me. If picts would help I can upload some when I get home from the office. And, if anything, I appreiciate the effort of at least reading this.

Much Obliged
Russell

Old 08-01-2009, 02:43 PM
jikkuria

Default RE: Help Identify my HPI RS4?

pics would help very much, but i believe that [link=http://archive.hpiracing.com/?page=kits/super/sn-m.htm]This[/link] is it.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:45 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Super Nitros are bigger than standard RS4s. ThunderbirdJunkie bets he has an RS4 2, since that's the most common of the belt cars.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:51 PM
TX Baphomet
My Feedback: (6)

Thanks for the help fellas, looks like I have a RS4 2 based on the breakdowns and comparing the 2 that you both suggested...Thought it was the Super at first but my wheel base is 285mm and the super showed a 280...plus there were some other factors...It helped that I brought the car to work and had it sitting beside me while thumbing through the breakdowns...now I can get down to the fun part...I appreiciate both of your replys and look forward to the problems I am surely to incur...they are sure to make me return for more advice..Have a good one...
Old 08-01-2009, 05:11 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

You too

Be careful though, replacement parts for the belties are getting scarce.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:03 PM
wrcsti

I have one of those, i think
http://archive.hpiracing.com/kits/heritage/n2-m.htm
Old 08-19-2009, 08:56 AM
oneofakindtrini

Replacements Are Getting Rare For The cars. I Sugest To You Get a Parts Car Off Ebay. Do You Have Any Nitro Equipment.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:20 PM
snipermaster
My Feedback: (19)

pics would help alot since i have the orignal rs4 and that sounds like what i have.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:13 AM
mazpr

There is a company that makes belt drives even for the Nitro Mini for about 5 to 7 bucks sometimes made out of kevlar.

I have to search on my favorites on some of my threads as I have it saved somewhere...

The T-15 may fit your car and is not a bad engine, beware what you follow on these forums as sometimes there are sharks waiting for a good bait and before you know its told to you its junk and you are better off selling it...

I got the Nitro Mini and so far I can still get much parts, try Tower Hobbies as they have plenty of stock even from discontinued models.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:15 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TX Baphomet

Thanks for the help fellas, looks like I have a RS4 2 based on the breakdowns and comparing the 2 that you both suggested...Thought it was the Super at first but my wheel base is 285mm and the super showed a 280...plus there were some other factors...It helped that I brought the car to work and had it sitting beside me while thumbing through the breakdowns...now I can get down to the fun part...I appreiciate both of your replys and look forward to the problems I am surely to incur...they are sure to make me return for more advice..Have a good one...
If your wheelbase is 285mm, then you do have a super nitro rs4. The nitro RS4 2 is significantly shorter, not longer than the super.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Enuflogic

ORIGINAL: i8tweety

ORIGINAL: TX Baphomet

If your wheelbase is 285mm, then you do have a super nitro rs4. The nitro RS4 2 is significantly shorter, not longer than the super.
I wonder if that was a mis-type...and supposed to be 258mm, as that would be closer to what the RS4 2 is (253.5mm actually).

Old 07-01-2017, 04:15 AM
out_door_man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My HPI MINI RS4 Nitro has a wheel base of 225 mm hence the difficulty of finding a new body shell for it.